how can i do this without upsetting my boyfriend?

ok my boyfriend doesnt want to tell his parents im pregnant,every time i ask him he says "just wait a little bit ill get to it" but its been 3 months and he hasnt said anything and i ask him every week "when are you going to tell them?" then i finally asked "how come you dont want to tell your parents?" all he said is "i dont want them to be dissapointed in me again" and i get fed up and tell him im gonna go take a shower and to have him call me later and all i can think about is "and you think i wanted my parents to be dissapointed in me?! really?"

so my question is how would you tell your babies fathers parents that your pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I wouldn't. That is up to him to do and while I would be upset with his reason for not wanting to tell them it is really not your place to tell them.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 3:29 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Well, he's going to have to get over it. They're going to find out sooner or later.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 3:29 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• why are your parents dissappointed? why will his be?
    and his dissapponited AGAIN?
    more info please

and I would not tell his parents, he should
    sad
    Anonymous

• well that depends. what is YOUR relationship like with his parents? are you super, super close or just acquaintances? if you dont know them that well i would not tell them. that should be his thing, its not your responsibility to tell his parents. if he doesnt want to by 3 months though, that would be a red flag. one thing you could do is invite them over for dinner (boyfriend must be there) and both of you break the news together in person.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:30 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• It's up to him to do it. I wouldn't say anything. At some point he will be forced to tell them, so there's no need for you to do it.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 3:31 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• he didnt graduate from high school so they were dissapointed and i guess his parents finding this out will make them even more dissapointed in him

and i shouldnt have said my parents cuz my moms excited i should have said my dad is dissapointed because i just finished high school

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:34 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I dont see why they would be disappointed now dayz poeple have babyz out of wed lock and so young-- they prob expect it!! but he said disapointed again??? does he have kids already? I say a card I gave my fam and in laws cards Your gonna be a grandma or aunt or what ever easier for me. But If I where u and u want this baby right? Be happy about it!!!! Let everyone know life is hard enough dont worry about others judging u!! Thats my opinion!!!
    bymyself

Answer by bymyself at 3:36 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• his parents love me, they let me stay with them for a week when i got evicted from my apartment and i was afraid to tell my dad, i just dont want my boyfriend to get upset with me cuz i do really want him around
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:37 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I think he is going to have to tell them,, maybe he should go and get his GED! He will need it to provide for the baby! I am suprised your mother hasn't called his parents,, maybe she should! Good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 3:38 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• @bymyself no he just didnt graduate high school but he is getting his diploma in march from an adult school but his parents think of him as a fuck up so thats why he doesnt want to tell them...he wants to tell them on his birthday when ill be huge by then, i just think the bigger i get and the farther along i am the more upset his parents will be
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:39 PM on Feb. 4, 2011