YOUR CHILD'S NAME, WHO DECIDED THE NAME, YOU, TOGETHER, OR OTHER AND WHY?

toddler boyMy son's name was chosen by his dad.  We had agreed that it it had been a girl I would chose and if it was a boy he would chose first name.  Much to my surprise I wasn't crazy about the name, he chose.  He chose  it cause it wasn't popular.  Today his name turns out to be very popular but 20 years ago it wasn't.  Tory which also became popular as Tori for girls.   however I chose his middle name, James which I prefer.  I have gotten use to it over the years and my son loves his name, and that's all that counts,  I call him TJ and we are all pleased.  LOL  csjoy1

csjoy1

Asked by csjoy1 at 3:28 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Baby Names

• i picked out my dd name! its my great grandmother name and i love it! my hubby really didnt have a say! when we decide to have another baby we already agreed on names that we both like!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 3:30 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• My husband and I both chose his nameKaleb on two different websites while at work. His middle name means warrior and this is because he fought the whole pregnancy .
    karing4elmas

Answer by karing4elmas at 3:30 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• i chose the names of my first and second daughters, my husband chose our youngest daughters name.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 3:34 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• We picked it together.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 3:35 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• we picked it together, or should I say compromised on it.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 3:38 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• My husband and I both chose our daughter's name, Savannah. We both wrote down names we liked and then we went from there deciding which names we both agreed on. After a short time we settled on one name we both loved. I think both parents should have a say!
    BrandyB26

Answer by BrandyB26 at 3:40 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I chose all of my boys names, Ian Bradly, Cayden Presley, Aaron Hartlee. I tried to look at everything from the origin to the sound to the meanings and initials and I think that they suit them perfectly. And they rhyme, got to have a little humor. He! He! He!
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 3:42 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• We are having a son this May. We decided before we knew the sex that if it was a boy it would be my partner's family name (Dominic) and if is was a girl it would be given my matriarchal family name (Lucinda). We found out that we are having a boy so Dominic it is! What really surprised me was when my partner told me that he wanted my maiden name to be Dominic's middle name- because I am the last one in my family with the name and I'm taking it to my grave (urn, but whatever). He wanted our son to have a name that reflected my family as well. I thought it was really sweet. Dominic Andersen he will be!
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 3:45 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I made a list of the ones I liked, DH narrowed it down to the 2 he liked. We went back and forth on the two, but ended up with DH's favorite (it has a lot of meaning for him). And then his middle name is a family name that means a lot to me. I LOVE my son's name.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 3:50 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Months and months of discussion between hubby and I until we could agree. With my third I just told him I was naming the baby Bailey. I had been wanting to use the name for years and it always got voted down. So for my third and final child I insisted we name him Bailey.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 4:57 PM on Feb. 4, 2011