If your kid is taking probiotics, how often do they get sick?

My son (18 months old) just started daycare, and we've all just started taking probiotics - it seems like this could help reduce how often he gets sick. Anything that could help would be wonderful! I was just wondering what other folks experience has been. If your kid is taking probiotics, which one is he taking and do you think it has helped him avoid getting sick as often? Thanks in advance!

Sebbiemama

Asked by Sebbiemama at 3:31 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Kids' Health

• My kids have been taking probiotics forever and rarely get sick. When they do, it is usually mild and the duration is much shorter.
    Anonymous

• Can you share what probiotics they take?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 3:35 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Yeah, anon - I'd love to know which probiotic is working for you guys. We've started giving my son Florastor Kids... I'm thinking about also giving him Culturelle Kids (since these two have different strains which have both been found to act in different ways... and it seems the more types of bugs, the better). I'm currently taking Florastor since we already had it in the house, but I'd like to switch to something with a broader range of strains next.
    Sebbiemama

Comment by Sebbiemama (original poster) at 3:56 PM on Feb. 4, 2011