• In the Spotlight:

What type of jobs do some of you stay at moms do to help out with bills.

I stay home with 3 kids but want to make some type of money by working at home so my husband don't have to work so many hours. Any suggestions!!!!

jovon79

Asked by jovon79 at 11:40 AM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Money & Work

• Go check out my page. I know a lot of people are concerned about survey sites, but I have been doing it for a few months and my SO has been able to cut down almost 15 hours a week. It takes a few months to really get going with them, but it is well worth it. Message me if you have any questions!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 11:43 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I have an in home day care (15 years now). My husband got laid off in August and it's been a Godsend. It has been many many times in the past 15 years. Since 9/11 my husbands job has been really rocky. Scary times! Right now he does odd jobs so I pay most of the bills. I make $790. per week.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Like I have said before, you can start your own home business. There are sooo many ideas from event planning, babysitting, tutoring, catering, errand service, pet sitting. I even have friends that do laundry and ironing. Be creative. Start checking what is a need in your area. I usually go to Craigslist, look under the Resume section at the bottom and see what others are advertising in my area...
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 12:25 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I have a home business with Ameriplan! My income is always growing and my hubby helps out with my biz too!
    sassyhettel

Answer by sassyhettel at 12:35 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I sent a more detailed message that wouldnt fit here to you but here is the tidbits

*childcare and before and after school programs if you live near a school or travel to one to get your own kids
    *Mystery shops http://forum.volition.com/
    *Craigslist (search gigs for temp, one time work, also search jobs for focus groups but beware of scams, advertise house cleaning, childcare)
    *Online Surveys www.mysurvey.com www.viewpointforum.com www.opinionoutpost.com www.globaltestmarket.com are just a few...
    *Join and work for chacha from home (phone texting and answer company) www.chacha.com
    Message me for more info on any of these :-D.

Crystal42683

Answer by Crystal42683 at 1:22 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I program for the web and do affiliate marketing. Both create much income, but not everyone's cup of tea. My website works4mom.com was featured on the evening news as a trusted site which helps moms find REAL work at home jobs. If you want information go to works4mom.com and clike real work @ home jobs or keeperbay.com and click the big green button which reads @ Home Jobs, you can't miss it.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 2:11 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I stay at home with 3 boys and I also work from home and Going Green at the same time and I get paid for it. I love this job it's so easy there none of the following:

Work at home the way you want to with:
    No Large Investment
    No Selling, Stocking or Delivering Products
    No Pressuring Others
    No Complicated Paperwork
    No Collecting Money or Placing Orders
    No MLM
    No Risk!

if you interested go to www.workathomeunited.com/safemammas1
    safemammas1

Answer by safemammas1 at 6:44 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I do respite care or child care...seems I am never alone these days ...I love it to~
    Joyo4

Answer by Joyo4 at 7:09 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I work at home by setting up accounts for a company. I do make an income doing this. Check out my web-site: www.onemomsdream.com
    passionmom119

Answer by passionmom119 at 9:44 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I am a stay at home mom of four boys and I am an Uppercase Living demonstrator. This is a home party business. Each party really only last about 2 hrs and it serves as my relaxation time away from the hustle and bustle of kids, cooking, cleaning, etc... You do not have to throw party or have someone throw parties to receive your commission either, you are able to sell directly from your own website too. Visit http://rose.uppercaseliving.net to see more info
    hugorose

Answer by hugorose at 9:44 PM on Nov. 17, 2008