7 1/2 weeks pregnant a light pink spotting.....worried

I am 7 1/2 weeks pregnant and the past 2 days when I wipe I have light pink showing on the TP. I am not having any cramps and I am still getting the feeling of butterflies running across my abdominal. My OB is closed until Monday and only the emergency line is available. Not sure if I should call or not but I am worried. This is about the time I would be having my period. I am taking it easy. Has anyone else had something like this?

rldeitz

Asked by rldeitz at 4:02 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It's probably normal but I would get checked out, just to be sure.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 4:03 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Go to the ER just to make sure. It sounds like what happens right before labor but it could be nothing. I would still go and get checked
    JuJubean1979

Answer by JuJubean1979 at 4:04 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• could be as simple as implantation bleeding
    that is normal and nothing to worry about, if that is what it is
    good thing you are taking it easy
    call when doc opens
    unless something changes
    sounds like implantation
    *but i am NOT in the medical field, just another mom on the internet
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:04 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• yes, i have had the same problem with both my pregnancies. slight spotting during pregnancy is normal unless it is heavy. Just try to call you OBGYN and let her know. However, it is very important to stay calm and rest. Good luck. And congratulations mommy.
    mylilnathan

Answer by mylilnathan at 4:06 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I did that with both of my pregnancies and it turned out to be nothing. I would just call the line. It's what they are there for. They are used to getting calls from worried momma's to be. :0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:09 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Some light spotting is normal. You can still call, but at 7 and a half weeks you wouldn't be feeling the butterfly feeling of your baby moving yet.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 4:18 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• well I just placed the call just to settle my mind. I am waiting on the call now. thanks for the advice
    rldeitz

Comment by rldeitz (original poster) at 4:22 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• just got off the phone with the nurse she said that this was completely normal and the small discomfort i do feel could be that i am farther along then i think and its my mussels stretching. She did put me on light rest and told me to keep well hydrated.
    rldeitz

Comment by rldeitz (original poster) at 4:46 PM on Feb. 4, 2011