Thoughts

http://www.facebook.com/CourageCampaign?v=app_103520946352747

Asked by older at 4:04 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • Those ladies have raised a fine, bright and grounded young man. I hope the powers that be were listening-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 5:03 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I would, a thousand times over, millions and millions of times over, rather have loving gay couples raising children than people like my mother raising them.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 5:19 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• it is up to me to accept and love him...and that is what I do. Part of that love would include if he wanted to marry someone, I believe he has every right to do so.

As to this young man speaking, I think he is wise and learned way beyond his years and I would think he may has a future in politics if he would so desire. I just hope he is not a Liberal! LMAO!!
    goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 5:25 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Thanks Pam.... I think he may very well be the best 'speaker' on behalf of the cause I have seen in a long while.. Kudos to him..
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:53 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Thoughts? I have to click "like" just to watch the video... No thanks.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:25 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• goodwitch, you my lady are one heck of a mom, kudos to you for at least trying to understand.

Thank you, Older, I appreciate the thoughts!
    goodwitch399

Answer by goodwitch399 at 9:32 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• The one above is the FB link. Below is another link with the same video, so no one has to like the FB page to see it if they don't want to.

Zach Wahls Defends Gay Marriage

@Older--I thought it was a nice speech. Thanks for sharing it. :-)
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 4:47 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I have a lot of mixed emotions on this topic, I have a gay son and I am constantly struggling with my brought up inbreed believes, adopted values and preformed concepts on being gay. I was pretty much devastated when I found out my son was gay so, I have had to go through quite a learning process and quite a strong reevaluation of myself, my thoughts, my believes and my prejudices. The fact of the matter is, I still don't know how I feel about it all but, I do know this, it is not up to me to judge. And it is not up to me or anyone else in this country to demand that people's whose "sins" or personal feelings and personal behaviors that do not live up to their view of what "normal" is be restricted of the GOD given right to the pursuit of their own personal happiness. As for me and my son, I still have my problems from time to time but again, it is not up to me to judge him, CONT.
    goodwitch399

• Very impressive. They have raised a remarkable person in that young man. I'd be very proud if that was my son! I too hope the powers that be were listening...
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 5:52 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• That was a remarkable testimony. I hope it has the intended effect and that it paves the way toward legalized same-sex marriage. I sent the link to a friend of mine whose partner just had their baby boy this past summer. They plan to have two more children, and I have no doubt that they will make wonderful and loving parents. Unfortunately, in our state, same-sex marriage isn't legal, but I hope that someday it will be--for my friends' sake as well as for all of the other same-sex couples who are seeking the same recognition and benefits that "traditional" couples enjoy.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 6:44 PM on Feb. 4, 2011