What do you do when a guy offers you the world?

Not me, my best friend. She's single and basically living in poverty. She's been offered her dream business, dream house and dream vehicle. The catch, of course, is she's not in love with the guy, but he is with her. What should she do? There are no children involved (my friend and the head-over-heels guy are grandparents).

Whimsee

Asked by Whimsee at 4:09 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• I would never get involved with someone I don't love.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:10 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• If she does not love him than I would stay a no go. someone will get hurt in the end.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 4:11 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I wouldn't do it yes you will have everything but no emotional connection but hey everyone's different and if that's what she wants to do then she will do it but I think she will be very unhappy money cant buy happiness and if it does its temporary

ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 4:11 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Money can't buy you love!

Answer by older at 4:13 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• she can send him my way
    555- man - needed
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:16 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• She is very fond of him, they get along great. This is not their first relationship together but the continuation of a previous one.
    Whimsee

Comment by Whimsee (original poster) at 4:20 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• You are right. Money can't buy you love. But money can buy you food, and pipes that don't freeze solid, and comfort and security.
    Whimsee

Comment by Whimsee (original poster) at 4:21 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• With money comes power and with power comes control. If she's ok with that then tell her to go for it. She can always divorce him

Answer by admckenzie at 4:21 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• My friend has been in the amazing position of having this happen more than once. Men offer her the world. But she is cautious and that's why she's still available.
    Whimsee

Comment by Whimsee (original poster) at 4:29 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• men don't give things away without expectations- i wouldn't do it...but i also wouldn't stay with a man if i didn't see myself falling in love with him.
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 4:33 PM on Feb. 4, 2011