Siblings sharing birthdays

This woman I know wants to be induced on her other child's birthday. She will be induced a week before her due date. She thinks it will be cool for them to share birthdays. Both kids will be 5 years apart. There is no medically reason for her to be induced. She just begged the doctor to do it that morning so they can try to have the baby the day of her child's birthday.
I think she is being selfish. Not only is she maybe bringing a baby out before he/she might even be ready but she is sticking her child in daycare on his birthday just so she can do this. What do you ladies think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• That seems a bit selfish and very silly.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:25 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I would just have let mother nature take over on its own. I would think the older kid would want their own special day and the new baby their own special day. But I guess her child her decision even if I would not do the same thing.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 4:15 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I personally wouldnt do it but ...its her decision.
    Bobbysgurl

Answer by Bobbysgurl at 4:19 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• As a sibling that shared a birthday with a younger brother - mom was told to come in on Tuesday and said sure with out looking at the date - I hated it! I had to share a cake, share a party, sometimes share gifts.
    It is now a joke and I call my brother the day after telling him happy birthday and joking that since I had the day 1st.

As for your friend, she is being selfish and should let nature do what nature was intended to.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 4:23 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• She should let nature have its course and let God choose the birthday.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 4:36 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• even though I think that would be neat while they are little but as they get older they just might want to have their own day to celebrate and in a way she is being selfish. As it is they will be sharing the same month. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 5:18 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• When I had my abbies I never stuck the other ones in daycare. They were at the hospital with us. We only let them in the room in the beginning before I was in alot of pain tho, then they came in after I had the baby. My daughters birthdays are 5 days apart and are 4 years apart. My son is the only one with a birthday party all to his own. But my girls havent complained yet. but when I fill out paper work I have to sit there and and make sure I have all the dates right since they are so close. 9/20/2005 and 9/25/2001...yea i once mixed them up and a nurse looked at me like i was crazy lol
    jbond83

Answer by jbond83 at 5:39 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• i wouldnt want my daughter to have to share a birthday with a sibling.. that just sounds horrible.
    proudmom611

Answer by proudmom611 at 5:43 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• my 3 year old and my 1 month hold are 16ish days apart and i love it that way. my 2nd's due date was 3 days after my 1st's birthday and i was SOO stressed out about that fact. i wanted him to have a special day to himself and i wanted to be there... so yea total opposite of this woman. each child is an individual. having birthdays together until they are old enough to notice/care is okay. but after that.. yea she's selfish
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 9:28 PM on Feb. 4, 2011