My 11mo is bow legged a little and when she walks is a bit pigeon toed.

Does she need ortopedic support? I will ask at the appointment next Friday but I am trying to gauge if they will require it or not.

summerbear

Asked by summerbear at 4:13 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter was so bow legged that I was very worried it wouldnt straighten out. When she was 10 mnths, everyday, several times a day, I would lie her on her back on the ottamin and hold her by her ankles and start moving her legs straight in a pushing motion and sing "she's runnin, she's runnin, she's runnin" then it would be "skipping" then "jigging" and then a walking motion. She's now 4 and she still askes me to do "she's runnin" so funny! She straightend out within a few months.
    Linda1012

Answer by Linda1012 at 5:38 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• If she has just started walking I bet they will wait to see if her putting weight on those legs and really using them will be enough to correct it. It's something they will keep a close eye.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:17 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• That was my niece as a baby.. she grew out of it by 2.. but I would still bring it up to your Dr.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:28 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I asked my doctor that as well and she said they don't worry about it as much as they used to. She said almost all kid walk like that at first, they will straighten out as they get older.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 4:34 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• u can ask but it sounds normal to me as she continues to walk her legs will go normal she just has to strengthen them. But ask anyway just to be sure.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 5:15 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Sometimes it's the diapers that make them walk bow legged. That wad (diaper) between their legs causes problems. I wouldn't worry until after he/she is out of diapers.
    Anonymous