I'm sure it's been asked a zillion times, but I need help with Baby Shower games...

This is my first baby shower that we'll actually be playing games at and although I've been googling like crazy for ideas, I wanted some mommy suggestions for games that were a hit at your shower.

So far I've got the blind folded 'guess what gerber food this is' game, and the 'melted candy bars in the diaper' game. I was thinking of doing the game where you put juice in a bottle and see who can chug it down the quickest.

Any other idea's? What did people get a kick out of at your shower?

Nanixh

Asked by Nanixh at 4:16 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Entertainment

• Guess the weight of the pregnant mommy
    Guess the width of her tummy using yarn.
    That baby try where you put so many items on it and show it to them once for only a few seconds and who ever can remember the most wins.
    Buy beaded necklaces and give each guest one. The rule is no one can say baby or they lose their necklace. Who ever gets all the necklaces or as the most at the end of the shower wins.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:20 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I love the chug the juice game. It fun to see who is smart enough to unscrew the top! lol

I liked having the piece of string where each person cut off a bit to see who is the closest to guessing how far around the baby belly is.

The 'cute' game is fun too. Every one starts out with 4 diapers pins and every time someone catches you saying cute, sweet, awe ect. the first person to notice gets to take a pin. (only the first to piont it out) The person at the end of the shower with the most pins wins.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:20 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Love the necklace and diaper pin idea's, those are going on my list. The string/yarn one I might try too, I'm just weirded out about a game with my huge gut as the center of attention =P Not like it isn't already though.
    Nanixh

Comment by Nanixh (original poster) at 4:35 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I've never had a shower but I went to a friend's. They had a couple games such as "What will the baby look like" Where you cut out body parts from magazines and glue them together in a representation of what you think the baby will look like. "Baby Song Names" where you think of any song with the word "Baby" in the title. The "Guess what the baby ate" where you take diapers and put a concoction of pureed foods etc in it and the guests have to "guess" what it is. Stuff like that
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:44 PM on Feb. 4, 2011