Going shopping back in time

Trying to make a list for a pregnant friend so here are my questions, answer one or all of them.

When you had your first what is the one thing you had spent money or more money and invested in that you didn't have or you cheaped out on?
What is the thing that you had to have that you now realize was highly overrated
What is the item you treasured most through mommyhood and couldn't have made it without.

Personally I wish I spent less on the crib and more on a comfy chair for the nursery. I am so glad we got a big and fancy bouncer with activities at that age because it was my only chance to go to the bathroom.

hotelmom123

Asked by hotelmom123 at 4:17 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Shopping

• The things that were worth every penny paid -- bouncy/vibrating infant chair w/overhead mobile & wipe warmer (how did I make it thru with my first child with NO warmer???

Not worth the money -- DIAPER GENIE -- That thing is just nasty and even the refills are expensive! I also shouldn't have bought so many newborn clothes!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 4:13 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I did not have a lot of money when I was prego so we didn't spend a lot of money. I love his convertable bed crib/daybed/full size headboard and foot board (thank you mom and dad). I looked at so many things that I thought were a waste- diaper genie (who wants to keep a crappy diaper in there house?) and the wipe warmers (I live in Fl). I bought a large amount of cheap wash clothes/dish rags instead of the cute spit rags (saved a fortune).
    jen2774161

Answer by jen2774161 at 7:45 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• cloth diapers where the best thing i bought. if i was low on money and could by disposibles i used cloth. they are so soft too. later they make great cleaning rags. a changing table was something i had and never used. it was in the way, i would use the floor or couch or bed with a blanket on it. then u dont have to worry as much about baby falling off. i have 3 children all adults now. i bought each of them a baby ring. they are so small and cute. of course u dont let babies wear them. i took pictures with them on their fingers and then i kept them on a gold chain. when the kids great up i gave them to them.
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 11:02 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I bought a second hand crib,painted it and did a mural on the wall of mickey mouse.DD loved it.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 1:28 PM on Feb. 9, 2011

• i mean if i couldnt afford to buy diapers. lol
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 11:04 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• If I had to go back I would have bought a more comfortable rocking chair for the nursery or something because the one I got was really not useful. Everyone said I didn't need it.
    hotelmom123

Comment by hotelmom123 (original poster) at 12:56 PM on Feb. 24, 2011