What is God's name?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:18 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Which God?
    Anubis? YHWH? Hades? CH'ENG-HUANG?

There are a countless amount of Gods, each with his own name!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:18 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• My personal thoughts and belief.

God is a name. Just like: Allah, Brahma, Vishnu, Guru, Krishna, Jehovah and all the thousands upon thousands of other names used to address the One Universal Creator.  There is no one single name that is the one and only name for the One Universal Creator. Names are different throughout the world, throughout the history of man, some names exist in some areas of the world and some do. The same is so for  the names used to address the One Universal Creator. The name used, depends on the time in history, the area of the world, the culture, the language. The names used may be different, the entity being addressed is the same.

pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:29 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• He has many names: Jehovah, Yahweh, The great I Am, Lord, Savior, Elohim, Abba, Father...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:30 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Which one do you want? I don't think it matters what His name is, as much as what He does.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:34 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Yahwah
    chellebelle7486

Answer by chellebelle7486 at 4:28 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• yaweh is just the hebrew word for god, just like allah is the aramaic word for god, jesus called him abba which means daddy. these are all words, not names
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 4:30 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

A name is defined as what a person place or thing is called and known by. My name is Joy. It's word but it is what I am called known by. My children call me Mommy to them it is what I am called and known by. God is Called and know by many names.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:38 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I don't think there's one specific name for God. Many people call Him many different things, and what matters isn't what they call Him, but the relationship they have with Him, however varied those names or relationships may be.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:53 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Depends who you ask.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:55 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Kevin Smith
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 7:01 PM on Feb. 4, 2011