is it normal??

so back in november 2010 i found out tht my hubby was cheating again hes been doing it off n on for 8 years...he says hes addited n its hard to stop swears up n down that he'll never do it again...now lets me see his phone never has it on silent ect ect its online stuff chatting wit girls telling them they look good crap like that.. well my thing is that i keep having dreams that i go back to that day that i found out n i end up killing him different ways each time. wtf is there something wrong with me? or whats the dream telling me. i know addictin is hard to get over but i told him this time is the last time im ever ever gettin hurt by him n if he does it again me n our 3 kids r gone. so far so good he seems like hes changed i just dont understand these dreams.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• I'd dream about killing him too. I hope for the best for you.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 4:31 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I don't think there is anything wrong with you but i believe there is some truth in dreams be careful and stay away from anything that could be used as a weapon it can also be unresolved anger you are probably still pissed even though you are trying to move on

ExtremlyUnique

Answer by ExtremlyUnique at 4:33 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• the dream of killing him is you wanting to end relationship once and for all
    sorry, i do not think he has uch chance of changing
    sounds like my ex husband, he was a serial cheater, needed to have a woman see him as bright shiney new penny, could not excpet that he had tarnish like everyone, even when he cheated he would cheat on the one he was cheating with, the new woman had gotten to point of seeing him for him, and he needed to find a new one again, it was all about being / creating a new him for the new woman

nothing wrong with thoughts in sleep of killinghim, not a great sign of things to come in your relationship with him
    so sorry you have to go through this, sounds like you have had enough

he says he is addicted...is he in therapy for this addiction, or just using this term to make excuses?
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:37 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• i can't read dreams- but the "addiction" is bs, and you need to leave. he's cheated that many times and you think he'll change? unless he's attending sex addict meetings (that's not a joke, i'm serious), then he's never going to recover from this "addiction". good luck, but honestly save yourself time, heartache, and money- and leave.
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 4:41 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• If he cheated AGAIN maybe the dream is telling you that you could be better off witihout him?!?!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 4:41 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Your subconscious is telling you you want to kill the RELATIONSHIP or that it's not going anywhere. It is normal for your mind to communicate in this way. What is not normal is his behavior. Cheating is an addiction? So is smoking. And like smoking, you can't kick the habit unless you want to and you have to put effort into it. If he's not trying, don't kill yourself waiting for him.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 4:48 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• If he has a real addiction, he should be in a 12-step program. You're dreaming about killing him because you are angry (and justifiable so).
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 5:13 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• everyone is right about your dreams ,stay as far away from him,My x husband thought he was a stud muffin,I had those feeling ,not any more he is very un happy,His second wife died of brain tumor,the 3 wife like pills.so he is a very unhappy camper,everyone gets what they dish out.
    coloredribbons

Answer by coloredribbons at 5:44 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• i know it is easier said than done but leave him!! he will not change because he knows you will put up with his crap. life is too short to be so unhappy. btw i don't mean to sound rude but aren't u afraid of HIV or herpes? you should get tested asap. He does not love you enough because he is playing Russian roulette with your health. gl. It seems all you are to him is a warm bosom and a hot meal, he is not committed to u.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 8:40 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I would of left already.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 12:45 PM on Feb. 5, 2011