How do "dudes" grocery shop?

My husband took our 14 year old daughter to the store yesterday before I got home from work, and she made some observations during the trip. At dinner she made a big deal about a dude (her word) she saw shopping at the store. She said she was really surprised to see a dude shopping with a typed and highlighted shopping list. I asked her how she thought "dudes" shopped, and she said, "you know, they usually head straight for the Doritos and the Beer and just throw stuff in their cart as they walk past it."

So, how do you think dudes shop?

TweenAndTwinMom

Asked by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:41 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Based on my DH shopping when I don;t send I a list... I am apt to agree with your DD. I think she must have an excellent grasp on how single men or men who lost the list shop. :0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:42 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• My husband will shop with a list, if I make it, and he always comes home with plenty of extra junk. Honestly, I don't care - if he's shopping for me I'm a happy camper. (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:44 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Sound like a typical single guy. My husband takes a very organized list. Sometimes I go with him just so we could spend time together. There r actually alot of married men who do the shopping to help out their wives. i think that is really sweet!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:45 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• When my husband gooes to the store along he always has either a text from me listing what to get or a typed up list. If my father goes he just buys tons of junk food and then forgets to get what he was sent for. My brother goes right for the beer and then sometimes remembers to get other things
    Lyndsey250

Answer by Lyndsey250 at 4:47 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I think most men "shop" by getting the few items their wives send them to the store for. I think most single guys don't do weekly shopping. They go to the store only when they run out of things, so I hardly ever see them checking out with much more than milk, cereal, frozen pizza and beer.
    twin_mommy

Answer by twin_mommy at 4:51 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• lets see. If i send list brings home nothing on the list, brings food home girls will not eat, does not use the coupons i send with him. His idea is in and out as fast as possible. never goes unless he is forced to go.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 4:51 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• If my husband is left to his own devices he will buy plenty of over priced convenience foods. He will also buy fresh salmon and steaks and whatever else tickles his fancy. He spends too much and doesn't buy anything that lasts long term.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 4:52 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• LOL!......I think it depends on the "dude". My husband shops with a list when he shops and doesn't get "extras" such as doritos and beer...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 4:58 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• My DH always takes a list I make for him, and gets everything on it. He usually comes back with snacks or other things that weren't on my list but I don't care. It makes me laugh :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:59 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• They had my list, so even though my husband (not sure if he's a "dude" or not - he might be too old to qualify for "dude" status) came home with actual food...no Doritos or Beer! They usually tease me about my meticulous lists, but they actually complimented me yesterday and said the way I grouped things together made it a lot easier for them to find everything.  I complimented them too!  I want this to become a regular event!  I was thrilled not to have to make a trip to the store last night!  I usually have to go after the twins are in bed, and it's after 10 by the time I get home with the groceries.

TweenAndTwinMom

Comment by TweenAndTwinMom (original poster) at 5:09 PM on Feb. 4, 2011