Eczema

My son's ped. said he has eczema on his scalp but it doesn't look like what I thought eczema looked like. It's kinda scaly/crusty looking and it's in one big patch on the top of his head just past his hairline. It used to be all over his forehead as well but that went away. It isn't red at all and when it comes off it's like moist gunk. Hard to explain but it doesn't look anything like a red rash. It's not cradle cap though, I know that. Can eczema look like that? Also, he's kind of dark skinned so that may be why it doesn't look red.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Is there any loss of hair? Eczema on the scalp is different then the rest of the body and may feel more moist then usual because of the natural oils in your hair and scalp. It could also be a fungus, I would try to apply some rx nystatin cream or otc jock itch/athletes foot cream for a few days and see if that helps.
    Crystal42683

Answer by Crystal42683 at 1:06 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I also have eczema mine looks just like you decribed.
    mommy20507

Answer by mommy20507 at 2:15 PM on Nov. 16, 2008