Is there a problem waiting until 12 weeks for my first appt?

I've only had one other pregnancy, with no problems (I found out much later with her, so my first appointment wasn't until she was 10 weeks anyway).

I have been on prenatals, I'm not having any problems, I don't have any questions. I just had a pap in Oct. I just don't see much reason in going in until 12 weeks.

What do you guys think?
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:52 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I think that it is fine....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 4:54 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• With my son we didn't go till around 12weeks but with our daughter we went soon..I don't think it is a problem. My old ob wouldn't see you unless you had a problem before 12weeks
    Lyndsey250

Answer by Lyndsey250 at 4:54 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• No, I was 11 weeks with my son but that's just because I couldn't get in to see a doctor until that point.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 4:52 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• well i had my first at 11 weeks...i'm just not sure cause you'll be out of your first trimester and they usually want to do the first appt in the first tri
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 4:53 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• no,if anything was wrong before that there's nothing a doc can do anyway. My midwife told me that she encourages the ladies to wait until they are past the 1st trimester to come in because most miscarriages happen before 12 weeks

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:56 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Some docs don't even want to see you until then - if you aren't having any weird symptoms and are taking your prenatals I don't see anything wrong with it. Congratulations, by the way!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:56 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Go sooner.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:53 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Some women do their own prenatal care the entire time~ so why not?!
    :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:06 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• The only reason I would want to go in earlier is to have a sonogram done to confirm everything is ok. But if you are ok with waiting till 12 weeks then wait! Good luck!
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 10:30 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I didn't go for my first appt. until 5 months. And this is my first. Seems you know what to do!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 11:20 PM on Feb. 7, 2011