my MIL is a total B***h do i have the right for her to not see her grandchild ?

She spoken so much shit about me and my baby who wasnt born at the time and she called me today cause i told my bf to tell her she needs to call me cause im not the one to call her she don said so much shit she calls and says we need to be civil but she was the one who had the problem with me first all cause i told my bf why she was yelling at him ? thats the stupid shit i ever heard cause of dat she's not liked me and been going on saying shit . talking her family is the only side he has grand parents which is true but my father and sister my son does have talking mad shit and im wondering if i have the right for him to not see her he's only 2weeks old?

firstimemommy21

Asked by firstimemommy21 at 4:57 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• going crazy

mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:00 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• You have every right to keep him away but don't forget there is grandparents rights but she will have to take you to court for that.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:01 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I do think that you and your mother-in-law should try to get along for the sake of your child....if at all possible.....you both need to treat each other with respect.....and it has to come from both of you.....if you cannot find a way to get along, then you may need to distance yourself from her a bit....Does your husband get along with his mom? I'd hate to break that connection if he does....maybe for a while he can take the baby to see his mom without you.....
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 5:01 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I agree with mommy of two~~ lol!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:06 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I think that for the sake of your child you and the baby-grandma both need to grow up, put all the trash-talk and 'shit' behind you and move on. If neither one of you can do this then maybe you should make it a point to avoid each other. If she wants to see baby then have BF take baby over to her house to visit, while you stay home or do something else. Same for holidays.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 5:06 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• realistically u shouldn't keep the baby from them bc the baby will one day ask for them but I can imagine how u must feel she shouldn't b treating you this way why don't you ignore her for now and WHEN she feels like seeing the baby that is when you say not until u apologize for yelling at us and act civil but if not she can not see the baby. And WHENEVER YOU are up to it make her come to YOUR home to visit none of this spending lots of time alone with the baby just say the baby is still to little to be awayfrommommy.
    But for now firsttimemommy21 just enjoy your moment with your baby forget the rest who needs to hear all that yelling anyway. You do have the upper hand here girl. GL Just do what u feel is right.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 5:07 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Thank you ladies she is not your typical grandmother she is 40 with a very flithy mouth and that i dont appreciate she called me today to say she apologizes but it was the fakest apologize like yea whatever kind of attitude just cause i told her son she had to call me ughhh
    firstimemommy21

Comment by firstimemommy21 (original poster) at 5:17 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• It pains me to write this but her being a bitch and talking about you is not really the biggest reason to keep the baby from her. If she is a drunk or drug addict and you fear for the baby's safety, those would be justifiable. At this point it's probably better to just be civil, the bigger person, and let her visit. I wouldn't advise avoiding her completely by having your boyfriend take the baby to her house without you. This could set a bad precedent and really shows her how much she gets to you. Since he's so young she should be the one coming to visit anyway. You shouldn't have to drag a baby that young around to see her, she can come to your house.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 5:17 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• yea i knw he's very lil still buih i knw she doesnt want to come to the house cause she doesnt want to see me thats y she wants him to take him to her
    firstimemommy21

Comment by firstimemommy21 (original poster) at 5:20 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• No there are NO grandparents rights unless the parent (child of the MIL) dies and you try to keep the child away. Then they could sue for visitation but that's not even in all states. Yes you can keep the baby away from her if you want. You are the mom and if the dad agrees, there is nothing MIL can do about it.
    Anonymous