Is it me or what?

We left work early yesterday due to outside conditions as we were all leaving one of my employees walked out and my boss sarcastically said "Yeah go home and don't come back you don't do anything anyways" well me being me turned around and told my boss that he should not talk about employees in front of other employees and I then walked out. Well low and behold first thing this morning I get an butt chewing for saying what I said in front of the other employees to him cause I should not talk to him like that, and it really bothered him..........ok who is wrong and to top it all off he talked to other employees about me this morning and what was said yesterday before I even got here. He has my other boss believing I was the problem for calling him out and I believe that's why he is so mad cause I did call him out and he knew he was wrong I want to scream and I also want to let the other boss know what really happened what should I do forget about it or say something?

buttonlts

Asked by buttonlts at 4:58 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Money & Work

• He was being a jerk and got called on it. But of course employees are expected to never call out a boss because they are above everyone and everything. Which is why a lot of them are complete jerks. If you really want to talk to the other one because you think you have a shot at being listened to and you just can't let it rest, do it. Unfortunately to keep a job and pay bill nowdays, sometimes you have to keep quiet and take some dirt. Not fair but true.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 5:04 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• It's called insubordination and you could be fired for that.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:04 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• He's your boss. You are lucky you weren't fired. I would have let you go on the spot.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 5:07 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• You were both equally wrong. But when you call someone out on their behavior ALWAYS do it in private.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 5:09 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• He may have been wrong. But he is the authority and you have to learn when to keep quiet. Right now is a good time to keep quiet.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 5:11 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• You were both equally wrong; arguably you behaved worse because as a boss you should never call out a peer in front of employees.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 5:01 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I think you were both wrong
    Lyndsey250

Answer by Lyndsey250 at 5:03 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• so its ok for him to talk about employees in front of other employees that's so wrong
    ________________________

Is it professional? No. But he is the BOSS and you are not.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:05 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• You did exactly what you accused him of doing. If you had talked to him in private about it, he might have taken it more to heart. You have to model behavior that you are talking about, otherwise it's just flapping your jaws. And sometimes it's better, even if the boss is wrong, to not call him on it. He has the power. You need to pick your battles. Now you've put him in an a very bad position. If he is such a bad boss, you should find another job. And, if that's not what you intend to do, you should learn to only say positive things.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 5:21 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• You were wrong. He is your boss. If you had a problem you should have talked to him away from the other employees.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 5:31 PM on Feb. 4, 2011