family christmas traditions

I have a 5month old, its a little early to start family traditions, but I was just wondering what are some fun things your family does that the kids, or the whole family enjoys?

Jessica1991

Asked by Jessica1991 at 12:31 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Just for Fun

• i think 5 is a good time to start a tradition we have always went and the kids picked out there own ornament and starting Dec. 1st we started reading 1 christmas story everynight untill christmas eve. we also pick one night that we drive around and look at all the houses w/ lights. bring snacks and hot cocoa. my kids are 17 and 13 know i miss all of it we still do the ornament and if they will go look at lights we do that. so start know before they dont want to
    sdeignan

Answer by sdeignan at 10:21 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• My parents got a new ornament for our christmas tree every year for each of us kids, when we got married and started our own families they gave us our ornaments to use on our tree, and I do the same with my kids, its really nice to be able to have something like that
    Anonymous

• Making a snow man with his daddy and eating snow flake shape pancakes with the family ...we use to have a big tree but now only have a little 4 ft one fiber optic, it's ok but not the same ...my baby is 19 now and was saying how he wants to have the big tree again so we can hang all the stuff on it....I miss that to. Always keep it going ...no matter what you start with.
    Joyo4

Answer by Joyo4 at 6:59 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I also buy an ornament for each of my kids. I'll give them when they move out or marry. Live in California in an area where it doesn't snow. So starting in December whe go ice skating in a small town in the foothills. We stop and have a nice warm dinner and hot choclate on the way home. It's lot's of fun and many memories have been started there.
    MicheleJenee

Answer by MicheleJenee at 9:54 PM on Nov. 16, 2008