Should I contact her??

When I was pregnant my daughters dad told me he had a 3 year old with his ex and she didn't want him to have anything to do with her daughter, fair enough I thought..
Fast forward 5 years I have nothing to do with my daughters dad (his choice he moved country) and I have nothing to do with his family also but I recently saw his ex on FB with a picture of their daughter. I was kinda relieved my daughter didn't look like their daughter but now all I can think about is, my daughter has a half sister who lives 25 miles away. Should I wait till my daughter is older and let her decide on what to do or should I send this woman a message, she knows who I am because word got back to her when I was pregnant..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:22 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• If you want to contact her then you should!  I say go for it!  You could always mention in your message that your ex is out of the country.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 5:23 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I would o for it. Siblings should know each other.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 5:24 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• i would message her and see tell her that you wanted your daughter to know about her half sister and would it be okay for them to meet
    jesslovesyou08

Answer by jesslovesyou08 at 5:24 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I would if you really want to. Worst thing that could happen is you get told no....
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 5:25 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• ya thats through, Im just nervous bout it all..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:25 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I say go for it! I know you're not contacting the dad but I wasn't allowed contact with mine until I was 18 and now it's like i've gone this far without him....
    CollinsMommy729

Answer by CollinsMommy729 at 5:26 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Well yeah, I would be nervous too!  It's just a message though.  Only 2 outcomes period, either she'll say yes or no.  That's the great thing about communicating online!  :)

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 5:27 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I think that would be great after all if you don't do it now your dd will when she gets older bc she will know by then the only down fall would be is what if the father is in the picture and you are thinking he is out of the country just be prepared anything is possible oh and another thing she can say no ( which I doubt ) atleast you gave it a try. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 5:34 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Wow this sounds just like my situation except im one of the sisters. My father was with a married women and ended up getting her pregnant but she didnt want to leave her husband or tell him that the baby wasnt his so she made my dad sign papers stating that we would stay away and gave up all parental rights. So my sister (that i do know) have always wanted to meet our long lost twin sisters but we dont want to disrupt thier family. However if i dont know the sistuation on with your ex babys momma, if it is known that he is the dad of the child (unlike in my sistuation) then i say go for it!!! They are a part of eachother and deserve the opportunity to be sisters =) Good luck!!
    lil_momma_vdv

Answer by lil_momma_vdv at 5:35 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• thanks girls.. I have tried contacting the dad, phone and address he was using are no longer in use, he has issues ha. Im with my so since my daughter was 9 months old so she sees him as her dad but also knows she has another one. I just want to be honest with her.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:38 PM on Feb. 4, 2011