Would you have to get a sitter to go out in the evening

Even if your hubby/ S/O would be home? I am going to a 40th birthday party w/some girls from work and one girl had to get a sitter b/c her hubby doesn't watch Their kids. I tried to tell her that was crap and they had the kids together.. but she doesn't like to rock the boat.

Bubbie0809

Asked by Bubbie0809 at 5:30 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• hell no if im not home my hubby watches them and vise versa. there is no reason why she should he need to be a father and watch his kids. he wanted to have kids well he needs to stand up and be a man and a father and do his job. thats a bunch of bs.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 5:33 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Absolutely not. It IS crap - why on earth can't he handle the kids for an evening?
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 5:31 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• no.. only if he were going out
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 5:31 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• That's messed up.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 5:32 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• wow....
    Mrs.Prine

Answer by Mrs.Prine at 5:33 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Nope, he's the father of the children and it is his duty to actually PARENT his children!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 5:33 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Yeah - if Dad is home, he can man-up and take responsibility for the kids.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 5:35 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I would only need a sitter if we were going out as a couple. If I go somewhere without him, he stays home. He would even stay home with my son from my first marriage when I had plans. Her hubby has control issues. Hopefully, she will wake up to realize that.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 5:35 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• No, we don't hire sitters period.  If I go somewhere, hub watches the kids, he goes somewhere I watch them.  Usually we just all load up and go.  NO I would not hire a freaking sitter.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 5:35 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• i would get a sitter, but my situation is a little different. my husband has anger problems specifically directed toward the kids, its something he cant control but is in the process of getting help for. so if i could not find a sitter, i would not go because his mind is in a dangerous place. but in normal situations, yes, the husband should babysit. hes the father he can handle a few hours with his own children by himself.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:38 PM on Feb. 4, 2011