Starting to

I'm starting to spoon feed my son. He's 4months old. We started with 2 tea spoons of rice cereal but hurt his belly so now we are on oatmeal and he loves it. =)

I wanna know how often should i give it to him? I do morning and night. Should i do 3 times a day? I use the milk from his bottle to mix it then once he's done with the oatmeal i let him finish off with his bottle.

It is not made thick. The other day we found out he loves baby pears lol Ate the whole thing and thn had 4oz of milk, it was too much cuz he was spilling up.

I also would like to know. When starting solids. How much do i give him and then how much milk?

My baby never seems to tell me his done (i think he gets that from his daddy bec he is very overweight and i dont want that)

Ideas mommmys?

mommycoleyy88

Asked by mommycoleyy88 at 5:32 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Start baby food closer to 6 months. I do the baby cereal in the morning and the evening feeding. When starting solids you still give him his bottle. Example: My son eats a thing of baby fruit and then a 5 or 6 oz bottle.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 5:40 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Just a tip, don't give your baby fruit, he won't want veggies. Start out with veggies and then give him fruit every once in a while.
    Anonymous

• He should be having the formula first and then the solids. Formula is still the most important at thisage.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 8:05 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• both of my boys were too hungry for me to wait.. i started them both on babyfood when they were about 4 months and my dr told me it was fine.. she said that he is clearly healthy and they know when they are hungry and if they were always wantin more and more milk then they obviously needed something else to help.. they both loved it,,. i started off feeding it to them 2 times a day
    momaholly

Answer by momaholly at 10:24 PM on Feb. 5, 2011