Have you heard about the Gratitude Campaign?

It's to thank our armed forces. Anytime you see a soldier, do this. The gesture starts with your hand on your heart as if you're about to do the Pledge of Allegiance. And then you just bring the hand down and out in front of you. It actually means thank you from the bottom of my heart.

http://www.youtube.com/gratitudecampaign

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 5:42 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• That's really cool, I hadn't heard about this. I always thank our men and women in uniform if I get the opportunity, I'm thankful for them every single day.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 5:43 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I think that's great for those who are of the mind to do it. I usually just say thanks by cooking for them every Saturday night when they invade my house for the weekly spades tournament. :o)
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 7:49 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I go with the whole buy them a beer thing. I only ever see soldiers at work, or possibly working on my plumbing, or raiding my fridge...ah, the life of a stay at home mom with military family. I don't think my dad will ever get over me not marrying military.

Sometimes we do get one in at work though, and they get free beer.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:44 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Nope and I'd feel silly for doing that. I'd just as soon say thank you for your service.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:00 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• That's nice but I'll probably forget, so I'll just smile and wave at them instead… :o)
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 10:57 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• SweetLuci

Comment by SweetLuci (original poster) at 5:43 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Often I see them in uniform in airports, and they're in a hurry, I'm in a rush. It's a way of letting them know that their service is appreciated without delaying them.
    SweetLuci

Comment by SweetLuci (original poster) at 6:04 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I'd feel a little silly too.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 7:18 PM on Feb. 4, 2011