Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

I have a friend who works with Children & Youth Services and wants to start a blog...

to help her vent and deal with what she's seeing. I encouraged her to do this because I feel it's a great way to raise more awareness about Child-abuse... I told her to link her blog to fund raising groups and charities which work with abused children. But I only know of a few that I work with and she needs some more...

Do you know of any groups, sites, charities or whatever that she should add to her blog?

Answer Question

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 5:56 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

Level 40 (122,988 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • I would recommend that she see a counselor NOT start a blog. She could be crossing ethical standards, boundaries and professionalism. If she is going to do the blog, she needs to check with her superviors first.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:09 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

  • As long as she isn't using names or disclosing where she is located she isn't breaking any rules. And if she can help to raise awareness it's a good thing.

    Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 11:48 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

  • She still needs to check with her supervisors because the ethical standards of social work is very specific on what you can and cannot do. I would just hate to see her lose her ability to be a social worker, even if what she did helps other people.

    Anyway, here is a website I came across that helps people who have been sexual abused as kids.

    The site was started by New Orleans Saint, Heath Evans and his wife Beth Ann. She was sexual abused as a young child by another older classmate. This site helps low income people get counseling.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:30 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.