what do you think

Our church is concidering makeing an open door policy where all are welcome. this is mainly to welcome gays and lesbians in but also as a blanket for any age race and creed.
we are having a presentation and dicussion during sunday service this week about it. during sunday school (we have it on wednesday) our pastor asked what me and my husband thought about it and i told her. personally i think its a wonderful thing. being as we belive god is accepting and loving of all living things and offers forgivness to everyone. (btw we are luthern, if that makes any difference)
what are your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:59 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm not Christian but I thought all churches were open to the public...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 6:08 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• i can't believe that even has to be "decided" or discussed. I thought a church was full of Jesus' love....
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:56 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Well if you are going to welcome the gay community then that means that your pastor cannot be preaching that it's a sin or wrong.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 6:02 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I think it's lovely.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 6:09 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• well it is an open church but because there is so much decrimination to gays and lesbians through churches we wanted to kinda make it known that they are accepted at our church.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:12 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I think it's a really nice thing to do.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 6:12 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I think it is great. My husband's hometown pastor married a lesbian couple and he is Lutheran.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 6:35 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I think its great. I wish more churches would follow in doing so...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:49 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Shaneagle - Does God work in your heart? Are you completely sinfree? I really doubt you are completely sinfree since we ALL sin. No sin is greater than another. So the pastors minster to them like they do any other person. And no, the Bible is NOT very specific about this.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:45 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• If one is going to say that the Bible is very specific about a subject, I would much rather see the actual scripture being talked about. Ultimately judge not lest ye be judged. I am sure nowhere near sin free. Just saying...
    Xanthlover67

Answer by Xanthlover67 at 1:02 AM on Feb. 5, 2011