Exercise routines? Diet Pills? Dieting meal plans?

Along with dieting and exercise, I need more help...I'm stuck at 235 and cant get any more down. In fact since the other day, I gained 2 lbs.

I'm trying to lose weight before August. I want to at least be down to 170lbs.
Anyone know of any good ways to get this?
Pills?
Routines?
Meal plans?

Help!

Zom.B

Asked by Zom.B at 6:01 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I know a lot of people dont recommend this but Phentermine (the half of phen phen that was not outlawed) is a prescription that is an appetite suppressent. It works!!! You can only take it for 12 weeks b/c then it loses its effectiveness but by this point your body is trained to eat less so you just have to keep the will power to pay attention when your body says its full and use the time your on it to eat healthy foods. Seriously, I had to force myself to drink a slim fast for breakfast sometimes. I was 211 and lost 30 pounds in 2 months. I took the phentermine and worked out 5 days a week.
    huntin_mama

Answer by huntin_mama at 6:42 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Diet pills should be AVOIDED. I might be time to re-revaluate what you're currently doing. What is your diet like? Are you sneaking in foods you shouldn't be? Have you cut back too much? Are you gettin your heart rate up high enough when you are exercising?
    I was 269 last February. Today, I am 222, and still losing. I lost 17 lbs initially, then had a major plateau until September, when I got serious. I now eat clean (I have a journal with clean eating basics), and I have started running. Between running, cycling, the gym and Jillian Michaels's 30 Day Shred, I work out about 5 days a week. I have lost another 2 lbs just since Sunday. You can feel free to PM me if you'd like more details on what's working for me. You have to find ways to push through the plateaus, and to keep going when you lose your motivation. Those have been the biggest things for me. I also had to get real with myself ... Cont
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:46 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• About what I was eating and how much. I used to eat a huge bowl of cereal every morning with 2 pieces of toast with butter. Now I have about a cup of cereal and a piece of fruit, or I have oatmeal.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:47 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• By the way, I used to work in a nutrition clinic, and I'm in nursing school. I know a thing or two about the body.
    Those pills only slow your metabolism in the long run, which means the instant you stop taking them or you change things up, you will gain back everything and more. You have to make permanent changes in your life. Make it a lifestyle. Seriously, loom up clean eating. I'm never starving, I'm eating small frequent meals, avoiding sugar (the cravings literally disappear about a week after you cut out sugar), and eating lots of fruits, veggies, whole grains and lean proteins.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 6:51 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I hear Lipofuze is ggod.
    whiskey80

Answer by whiskey80 at 6:26 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I have always gained more weight after taking diet pills, exercise and portion control will probally work best.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 7:59 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Diet pills should NEVER be taken. Long term side effects are never studied before they come out on the market, which is why so many eventually get pulled by the FDA for causing heart damage, kidney damage, liver damage, heart attack, stroke or death. Just DON'T risk it.

What do you do for exercise? How many calories are you eating a day? You said you're stuck. It's called a plateau. It's basically when your body gets used the the calories coming in and coming out and it can't lose weight. So, weight loss means that you need to adjust your calorie intake to reflect your current weight.

For example, at 250 pounds a calorie calculator can give you a number of 1800 calories needed to be consumed a day to lose weight. But when you get down to just 200 pounds those calories needed may only be 1500.....meaning you now don't need as much going in.

..........CONT............
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:36 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• .......CONT.............

At the same time your body gets used to your daily exercise routine and eventually you need to bump it up. So, if you walk on a treadmill for 45 minutes at a slow pace, you may need to bump it up to an hour at the same pace.....or increase the incline, or both.

I do Leslie Sansone's walk away the pounds videos. And when I lost 50 pounds I started doing the 1 mile walk everyday, then as I got used to it I did 2 miles, then 3, then 4....then added added weights or a stretchy band to change it up a bit.

Right now i'm doing The Biggest Loser's Power Walk DVD. It's a tough workout and i'm doing 2 miles, but as I get used to it i'll add a 3rd then the 4th.....if I get "used" to that I'll do a second workout during the day to bump it up.

Really all you need is to eat healthy fats, healthy carbs, healthy lean proteins, fruits and veggies, cut out the "crap" and workout daily. You can do it.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 1:40 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Work out why you eat. Most people do not eat because they are hungry. We eat because of a routine, because we like the look of something, because of habit, because someone else is eating, etc, etc. Get outside more and away from food. Try long distance walks. Carry a waterbottle everywhere. Before you eat anything drink some water. Eat as slowly as you can. Drink a complete glass of water after your meal as well. The water is needed to carry away the chemicals as fat breaks down in the body. Stay away from fizzy drinks. Give yourself one alcohol-free day the first week. Two days the next week. and so on. Serve your meals on a smaller plate. Set the table for every meal and snack. Make is beautiful every time. Little changes make big results.
    MLM247

Answer by MLM247 at 6:55 PM on Feb. 5, 2011