i think i'm pregnant but test is negevive could it be ectopic pregnancy

OK i think i might be pregnant but i have not gotten a positive test yet I'm worried it might be ectopic but i dunno and i have no health insurance, OK i had my LMP on Oct 8 and i started spotting on Nov 6th but only for 2 days going by due date calculators online i would be 5 weeks and 4 days pregnant, i have had alot of cramping like during my period but no period i also have been nauseous alot and puking every now and then for the last 2 1/2 weeks , getting headaches and peeing alot too. could i still be to early to get a positive at 5 weeks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Pregnancy

• if you're that far ectopic or not you should have gotten a positive. general rule of thumb is if you're feeling symptoms you can test. Maybe try testing again? You never said when you tested last
    rowansmum

Answer by rowansmum at 1:09 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• You still would have got a Postive...

Im sure your not having a tubal pregnancy

It could just be your not ready for testing and all tests differ with the sensitivity,

I would go to planned parent hood, and get a blood test,
    you can always get medicade,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 1:19 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• if ur testing negative it could just mean ur pregnancy hormones are too low for the test to detect in ur urine. only a doctor could detect ectopic pregnancy, don't worry. if the tests cme back negative still, u can go to planned parenthood for a pregnancy test, otherwise u have to wait for a positive, and then u can see a doctor on pending medicaid, if they take it. u have to apply for medicaid they just ask for ur income and living situation and all that and can approve u very soon, and some doctors will still see u for a prenatal visit even if ur pending approval. and dont worry too much even if u r because a lot of drs dont even want to see u until ur 6-8 or even 10 weeks pregnant, cuz theres nothing to see on ultrasound until then
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 1:35 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• It could also mean that you're not pregnant and the symptoms are all in your head. This happens with a lot of women. By 5 weeks you should be testing positive despite it being a tubal or normal pregnancy. The very real scenario is that you're not pregnant at all and you're just sick or something else. Go to a planned parenthood they do pregnancy tests for a cost there.
    Anonymous

• I've had an ectopic before and from what I've read about it, some people may have a slow developing pregnancy which may cause you not to get a positive as soon as you normal would. Plus, you may have had late ovulation which would also make you test negative or you just might not be pregnant. In any case, if you suspect an ectopic, it's not something you should mess around with. I don't know where you live, but you can do some research and find low cost clinics that will check for you.
    Paesana82

Answer by Paesana82 at 3:32 PM on Nov. 18, 2008