Single Mommas!

How long did you wait to start 'dating' again?
How long did you wait to introduce your kid(s)?
Did you tell em you had a kid before or after awhile?

Zom.B

Asked by Zom.B at 6:30 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• I didn't wait as long as I should have. I met my husband at school 6 months after I separated, but the separation had been in the works for a long, long time and I wasn't looking to start dating, it just happened. About 3 months after we met he came to the house to drop off some papers from school (I had been out because one of my kids was sick), I was outside in the backyard and he handed me the papers, my 6 year old asked him to play tag with my younger ones . . . and he did! I was amazed because he didn't seem to be that kind of guy, but that was kinda when I decided to go out with him. He knew from day one that I had 3 kids, and that one of them was special needs. I never wanted to get involved with a guy and then have him bolt when he found out I was a mom, or what my "real life" was like!

Answer by missanc at 7:01 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I started dating again just a couple months after my ex husband left - it ended horribly because it was to soon. I met what I thought was a good guy after 4 years - I had other guys I dated before that but none I ever brought home to meet my family or kids - the guy that I thought was good met my kids fairly soon only because we had a mutual friend and we met at her house and he knew from the start I had two kids, he also has a kid, the relationship ended abruptly and I regret letting him get close to my kids. It's been a month since the relationship ended and my 5 year old has mentioned for the second day in a row that she misses him and doesn't understand why I can't call him. Any guy that I start talking to knows from the start that I'm a mom, there's really no way around it since my schedule revolves around my children and they come before any dates but now I know to wait much longer before he meets them.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 11:23 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I didn't wait that long either, but not really on purpose. When I filed for divorce, it was well over a year coming and I was already so emotionally and physically removed from my ex that when I met someone months after, I went out with him. I've been with him 8 months now and I love him so much. After 6 months, we decided to be exclusive and I introduced him to my son.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 9:40 PM on Feb. 5, 2011