What would you do keep it simple?

In a couple of months we will be celebrating 12 yrs. of marriage the only photos we have got ruined in a flood but now I would like to have pictures taking just the two of us we have 2 children and 2 teens from his previous marriage. And at the end of the year we could be celebrating 15 yrs. of knowing each other ( we met at a very nice club on my b/day) what do you think?
Oh and give me some ideas of what to wear, what color and so on... Thank you ladies for your input ;)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• The nicest pictures we have ever had done we at a very dressy dinner dance. He was in a suit, I was in a glittery dress (New Years Eve). We were both looking our best, we had each had 2 cocktails so we were relaxed and they just turned out lovely. You couid arrange to dress up and have an appt at Olan Mills or Portrait Innovations or even JC Penney and have pics done then go out for dinner..or even dinner and dancing if thats what you like. Congrats!
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:44 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I love pictures that look casual; in the woods, at a park or beach. I would dress according to your style; if you're a "dressier" person, then do them that way, or more casual if you have a more relaxed style. The most beautiful family pictures I've seen have been ones that reflect the family as they really live, not in formal clothes in a photo studio.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 6:45 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Neat! Although I am sorry you lost your photos! When you got married did you have a "color" theme? If so I would wear those colors in the new photos.

I also think it would be neat to go around and get new photos at the old places. A picture where you met, where he proposed, where you got married. A picture with the kids at places that were important to them, in front of homes you used to live in, etc.

You could kind of create a new storybook using new photos but that tell the story the old photos used to tell.
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 6:45 PM on Feb. 4, 2011