has any of your son's had this before..... adult content

my son was circumcised at birth since it was done there was always extra "skin" that i have had to pull back to keep from growing back. He is now 10 months old and i STILL have to do this at every diaper change!! has anyone had this before, the pedi had sweared at everyyyy visit that he will "grow into it and it will take care of itself" and that "its completely normal bc of the way they do circ's now a days" but i find it hard to believe that its been 1o months and no change! i have never heard of this before!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine had that happen to and it does look right now and he's 5. I'm not sure when it started looking right but it does. Little boys tug on it so much it just works itself out :)
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 6:53 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• my boys are 17 months and theres are still that way
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 6:59 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I don't remember that issue as you describe it but I do know my DS's would (for lack of a better term) suck in or something. lol. Like pool shrinkage and the poop would get all stuck in it. lol. ew.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:59 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• After I had my son my Doctor told me to not touch it and leave it alone...Total opposite of what your doctor told you to do....Strange
    nat1387

Answer by nat1387 at 8:47 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• My son is the same age and we have the same problem. My pedi said it is because they have a fat pad there. Eventually they will lose that and then you wont have to pull it back anymore.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 10:32 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• The majority of circumcisions done in the hospital are done by ppl who have no clue what they are doing. They use this device nowadays that doesn't do a good job either. I know this because when my son was born I took him to a urologist and he said that the majority of his business is "fixing" the circumcisions that other drs have screwed up. He does his with a scalpel. He said the worst circumcisions are the ones that are done by the ob/gyn. He also said that there was no medical reason for it and it was done only for the parents cosmetic wishes and not the baby.

SweetLoveofMine

Answer by SweetLoveofMine at 3:45 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• thank you ladies! i feel better that i know this has happened to other people before..i have 5 nephews and my sisters have never had this happen. i guess ihave to wait and see!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:44 AM on Feb. 5, 2011