Do you think I should get a part time night job?

I'm in the middle of getting divorce my x and I are going to share custody so I wont be getting child support but I think he should at least give me gas money for transporting the kids everywhere (we will see haha)

I am starting to watch 3 other kids from 2 different families. One is full time and its 450 a month (she is a single parent so I don't want to charge a arm and a leg) but I think she is going to pay 500 cause she asked if she can do 250 in each pay period. then the other family is 380 and its only 3 days a week. So that brings my monthly income to 830 YES I know not a lot. So Do you think I should get a part time grave yard job? since I cant work in the day because of watching the kids and I cant afford day care.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:54 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Money & Work

• You have to do what you have to do, you know? Best of luck to you.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:04 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Im afraid I will be too exahusted with working full time in the day with 5 kids then sleeping 2 hours and working at night ugh I wish it was easy haha
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:05 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I know, sweetie. Maybe you could try it and see? My DH (when he was married to his ex) worked 4 jobs; one fulltime and three part-time. It was really, really hard - but his psycho ex couldn't be bothered to work. Have you looked into assistance programs to help you out? There's no shame asking for help.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:11 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I know and I probally should but I just feel like a failure as a mom My own thoughts For me Im not judging anyone I just figure I left my husband cause I found out something and I cant forgive him no matter how much I try. So I figure I have to suffer and work hard to be able to support myself and my kids

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:15 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Just because you're sharing custody doesn't mean that you aren't due to get support from him. Don't think that! He's still responsible for helping you take care of them. Look into the laws in your state. Usually they have some type of formula for figuring how much child support is paid.
    evwsquared

Answer by evwsquared at 7:30 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• just do what you can for now during the day and see if you still need to make more money go from there and GL
    Taking care of kids is hard work in itself take baby steps then ask yourself if u need the part time job yes we all need the money but that second job will take it's toll. and as far as your ex getting joint custody don't be a fool my dh is paying child support and they have joint custody oh hell no don't let him go Scott free like that look at it this way if he doesn't have another family yet and is being single and enjoying the life get him for all you can it is not fair for you to take the burden all on your own don't tell him just let it happen and he will be surprised don't b so naive in that part. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 7:30 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Start with the child care and see if you like it. You also should ask for child support and possibly alimony as you are entitled to it. Talk with your attorney. I wouldn't work for a night shift til you decide you don't like the child care during the day. That's alot of strain and work.
    brieri

Answer by brieri at 8:08 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Glad you're able to watch a few kids to get some income!! :0) Have you ever thought about working from home part time? I work from home and I love it! I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3 year old son, and 23 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Weekly pay! Free website, training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Visit my website:
    www.OurCEOMom.com

Get to know our team on Facebook: www.LikeInternetCEOMoms.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 9:15 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• How about a home business where you can go out and work a couple of hours 2 nights a week and build a business? Definitely look at businesses that have consumable products, has product demand, and one where your pay increases exponentially as you grow your business. Worked for me. I have the best of all worlds. Good luck and let me know if I can help
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 10:25 AM on Feb. 7, 2011