DH going to a couple event alone without asking me to go with .. OK?

Would you think it is ok for your DH to go to a couple event, knowing that you can and would want to go, without even asking you to go?

I am beyond pissed and DH thinks, "u selfish f*$&ing insecure human!" because I can't figure out why he wouldn't / didn't invite me. I only found out through a slip, by him, who was going.  I was originally told it was 2 other guys and himself.  I have found out that now there are 7 couples, oh excuse me, 6 couples plus 2 others (my husband and another) going to dinner and to a sky box (free food & drink alcohol too) to watch professional basketball. BTW all of which is free!!  Am I being a selfish, insecure human because I can't understand and am pissed about not being included?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• No it's not ok.
    skitNbearsmom

Answer by skitNbearsmom at 7:17 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I would be irritated, and more than likely pissed about it, especially if there were other COUPLES. If it was just a group of guys, then I might be a little jealous, but not upset.

And I certainly am not saying this to freak you out or upset you more, but I'd be wondering why I wasn't invited and why he didn't just tell you who was going (instead of it slipping)...
    dlandrum

Answer by dlandrum at 7:19 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I would be upset as well. It's not like you are tryin to intrude on 'guys night' or something man only thing but this is something where other couples will be.
    huntin_mama

Answer by huntin_mama at 7:21 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I would be angry he felt the need to keep it from me. If my SO had told me that he wanted to go to a sporting event without me I'd be fine with that, but I wouldn't be fine with him lying about who was going. Then I'd feel like he must have a reason to lie and I'd be furious.
    binkadink

Answer by binkadink at 7:21 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I'd be furious. Why is he leaving you behind?
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 7:26 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Why is he leaving you behind? Not that this is the case, but one of my DH's business partners doesn't take his wife to certain events because she can be inappropriate or embarrassing. (She actually got into a fist fight with one of their employees at a black-tie affair.)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:34 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Totally unfair. I'd be really upset. Get to the bottom of it.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:40 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I wish I could answer the why are you not invited question. I have NEVER done anything to embarrass him, actually, on the contrary I have been the one to advance his career to great heights, by my connections, coupled with his talent of course. He claims that he didn't know it was a group thing until .... (he won't be clear on the timing). & then he went on to say that he others just invited their SOs without being ok'd to do so. OK so why can't I go then? I am probably making no sense because I am so pissed and honestly hurt. He has been such an asshat for awhile and he was changing back and now this. He has never cheated, not as if that matters, but he is not the type or a looker that would attract another. His power and position could attract others but .... I am just so hurt & confused. I needed to get it out and see if I am truly the insure idiot he claims me to be.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:47 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I just wanted to add that when he asked to go I had absolutely no problem with it at all and laughed that he even bothered to asked because of course he could go. The guys were to be doing there thing, What do I care?!  BUT when it became the couples and he is the odd man out there in lies the problem.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:03 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• It's a couple thing but he wants you to stay behind? Yeah.... I think he's up to know good and meeting someone else or taking someone else
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:39 PM on Feb. 4, 2011