Mac or PC? *edited*

Which do you prefer and why?

I do a lot of work in Microsoft Word Processor (the one you have to pay extra for, not the one that comes installed on the PC). I'm familiar with the program and am curious if Mac also has a version of this program? How long does the battery last on a full charge? Do the parts tend to need a lot of maintenance?

I currently have a Sony Vaio and it's only two years old. I've already had to have the fan replaced, and now the power cord. And the wireless card is broken and has been for about a year. I'm told this happens a lot with PCs and all I really need is a wireless USB router. The webcam no longer works, not that it's a big deal because I rarely ever used it, but I need something that will stand the test of time and be easy to work. 

binkadink

Asked by binkadink at 7:16 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Technology

• Mac for sure. I like not having to worry about virus's/spyware/adware/malware every time I click on a website or download something. I like the simple OS. It doesn't take 5 minutes to boot up after being turned on. I haven't had to deal with a frozen screen or it needing a cold boot. The couple things that irk me about it are the constant iTunes updates and the fact that I had to get a new MS office and other mac compatible programs that I needed, but hubby gets those for free at work.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 7:29 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I prefer a PC; it's what I'm used to. Originally it was harder to find programs for a MAC, I don't think that's the case anymore - but I'm comfortable with the PC and don't have any reason to switch. Many marketing people I know prefer a MAC for the publishing/graphics capabilities.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:17 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• PC- Dell

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:19 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Mac all the way!
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 7:22 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Mac. I enjoy playing with Dos commands on a Windows machine, but when I actually want to get non-IT stuff done, I want a Mac.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:26 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• PC. I'm so tired of that stupid rainbow spinning thing on the mac. Plus how many times must I go to a website to be told "safari can't open this page." Also Microsoft Office doesn't work properly on the mac but mac has no alternative software to offer.

The only think I like about the mac is it's more attractive as a piece of furniture. Otherwise I don't get why people love macs so much.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 7:36 PM on Feb. 4, 2011