What role did dh/so play in the delivery room?

Was he as helpful as he should have been?

SweetLoveofMine

Asked by SweetLoveofMine at 7:16 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My DH was great. He massaged my back with a massager (I had back labor). He held my legs and counted for me. He was my voice when I needed someone to be yelled at. He helped me get to the bathroom (after we unhooked ALL those stupid machines).
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 11:20 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• With my last one he caught!
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 7:20 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• He held my hand,fed me ice chips,held a leg while I pushed
    He was great!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:18 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Definately. I had an emergency c-section, but he was right there with me holding my hand and just loving me. It was amazing.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:18 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• He did what he knew I needed... stood out of the way and waited for me to bark an order. lol.
    ErinHill226

Answer by ErinHill226 at 7:19 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• he was the my labor coach!!
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 7:23 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• he used up air and took up space

i had c section, after she was out, i asked "how does she look?" he said "like a girl" one male nurse snickered
    i was embarrassed he was with me

we knew she was going to be a girl, also knew had to have c section one month early, i was asking how she looked becuase of one month early, i was of course concerned with her health, he acted like an ass

Anonymous

• He is my "buffer", lol.  He handles the midwives, when they check me, etc.  He makes sure that while I am in intense pain, my wishes are still being upheld.

MrsHouston47302

Answer by MrsHouston47302 at 7:23 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• My husband fainted when he saw the doc applying the epidural tube LOL!!! But after that he was fine. He was crying when our daughter was born. He brought tears to the nurses' eyes lol
    skitNbearsmom

Answer by skitNbearsmom at 7:26 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• my hubby was amazing. As soon as my water broke i was having contractions about 5 mins a part. we spent about an hr in rush hour bumper to bumper traffic to reach the hospital. we got there and they were short staffed so he held the bucket at the end and was very helpful on cheering me on the whole time....even though i am sure i almost killed his hand since i didnt get any painkiller
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 7:30 PM on Feb. 4, 2011