Netflix?

Who's had/has Netflix? i'm interested in joining, but dh thinks there's some kind of catch, where we're never going to be able to cancel or end up owing them a bunch of money and that we shouldn't do it, he'd rather just rent movies at the video store (we pay $5 for 3 movies for 5 nights) so netflix would definately be cheaper for us. but he gets all weird about our credit cards being used...IDK. i think that it sounds like a good deal, i've read all the terms and everything and i don't see anything wrong with it. what's your experience with netflix?

nickellmomof2

Asked by nickellmomof2 at 7:16 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Entertainment

• I have it and LOVE it. The only "catch" I've ever experienced is when they added live streaming through internet in which case my rate increased by one dollar each month due to my Unlimited plan. Now they are looking to move everything to live streaming eventually but I think they will find resistance unless they make more popular/recent titles available through instant streaming. There's usually about a day's wait between when you return a video and when you get your next one(can vary slightly depending on where you live). Example. I mailed 2 videos out today and I should get 2 new ones on Monday(because post office is closed Sunday). If I mailed them out yesterday my new videos would be here tomorrow. So turn-around time is about as fast as you can watch movies.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 7:31 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I had it an loved it!! When I was through I just canceled with no extra costs. Im talking 6 years ago. Im sure its the same.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:18 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• We have. No catch.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 7:19 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I've had it for a few years and love it! Esp b/c I can watch movies instantly thru the wii. We love it!!
    CSUZANNE813

Answer by CSUZANNE813 at 7:20 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I absolutely love it! No catch. It's amazing! :)
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 7:21 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• We've had it for 2 years now...maybe 3. I've heard horror stories about it too. I've never gotten an over draft from them or anything. Sometime DH won't get paid until the 12th or 13th (they take the money out of our checking account on the 10th) and no fees, it just gets shut off. Once the money is in your checking account, you re-register and it works again. Though we've never cancled, I have seen in my profile that there is a place you can click on to stop your Netflix service. I don't know how it works and I don't remember being in any contract, but all is well with out account. :)
    BlissAglow

Answer by BlissAglow at 7:21 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Love Netflix. There is no catch. We've had movies where we've held onto them for a couple of months then watched them only to find the disk was damaged. They sent another no questions asked. We stream a lot of movies on the computer and the Wii. We pay $18/month for 3 disks at a time, unlimited streaming and unlimited disks per month. We watch more by streaming, so I'm going to change the plan. And no late fees or running out at midnight to get that movie back on time.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 7:22 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Just one thing for your information....netflix is going to soon do away with the dvd in the mail thing. Now they are planning to go totally wireless all movies. Some people are upset because most movies on the queue are C- and lower movies. But we still have netflix, they always add movies to the queue.
    skitNbearsmom

Answer by skitNbearsmom at 7:22 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• We have it and love it. Never had a problem.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:30 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Netflix is awesome. The movies get here so fast. When I put the old one in the mail and new one comes in two days. If you lose one or one doesn't arrive they say "no problem we'll send you another and if you find the first one just send it back." You can also stream movies and TV shows through the internet.

The only possible way it might not be worth it is if you sit on the movies and you don't send it back for ages. If you have a movie you're not in the mood for, send it back and order it again another time.
    Get it.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 7:32 PM on Feb. 4, 2011