Is it normal for a 3 month old to sleep 14 hours?

My 3 mo old goes to bed at 8:30 and will usually sleep until 9, then eats and goes back to sleep. Last night she went to sleep at 9pm and slept until 7:30am, ate 6 oz then slept until 11:30. She doesnt nap during the day. Only small cat naps like 20 min or so. Is this normal? Dont get me wrong Im very grate ful just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.

IheaRtCaMer0N

Asked by IheaRtCaMer0N at 12:50 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son never sleeps so I envy you lol. But it is normal maybe a growth spurt? Or maybe they are just a baby that enjoys sleep like my cousins daughter sleeps all the time but my son well.. never. You can talk to your ped about it because there are some things that one would worry about with excessive sleep but chances are shes just a sleepy baby! And at 3months they should sleep a total of 14-16 hours a day you are just lucky she does it at night when she is supposed to lol!
    Crystal42683

Answer by Crystal42683 at 12:55 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• That is normal. My son who is three did the same thing and he still sleeps 12 hours.
    mommy20507

Answer by mommy20507 at 2:12 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Yup that's what mine does. He won't nap during the day unless my husband puts him down (I dont know why..) but since he's usually at work all day my son won't nap during the day and then sleeps from about 8pm to 5am, takes a bottle and goes back to sleep until about 9.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:30 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• my son is 7 mnths and he goes to bed at 730 then wakes up at 7 the nrxt morning. Is up for about an hour then goes back to sleep for an hour to an hour and half. He also take 2 naps a day.
    powellspianist

Answer by powellspianist at 4:20 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Very normal. My 6 month old sleeps even more... 12-13 hrs per night and two or three hr long naps, along with a few 30 min naps here and there.... they are growing :). I get things done so when she is awake we can play...
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:27 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• all babies are different. My daughter eats every three hours and when she wakes up she will stay up for an hour then go back to sleep until her next feeding and this is at every feeding. She also sleeps from 9:30pm-6am then goes right back to bed until 9am so every child differs.
    blueeyes71883

Answer by blueeyes71883 at 9:30 AM on Nov. 17, 2008