High prolactin levels?

Anyone ttc'ing with high prolactin levels?

I have a pea sized (benign) brain tumor on my putitary gland. While I don't produce breast milk outwardly, my levels are high enough to make my cycles wonky.

I was just wondering if anyone else had this issue.

Thanks.

BlissAglow

Asked by BlissAglow at 7:37 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Someone asked a question about this the other day - so I know there's someone else on here (I was the only one that answered her question, so I got best answer and can forward your info to her if you want). I had high prolactin levels when I was in my early 20s. I wasn't trying to conceive, but it was causing my periods to be late/nonexistent. The dr originally thought I had a tumor on my pituitary, but when they did the MRI, they didn't find one. I went to a fertility specialist and he told me it would be very difficult for me to get pregnant and to come back and see him when I was ready. I went on BC pills for a year to regulate my period, and then I quit. I wasn't trying to get pregnant, but I wasn't trying not to either (I was married). About 6 months later I found out I was pregnant. I'm now 37 and have 5 kids - after the first one I never had trouble conceiving and no more problems with prolactin levels either.

Answer by missanc at 7:45 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• That was me! I do have high prolactin, but the weird thing is I do not have messed up cycles. I actually ovulated before i found out that my levels were high. I how have it under control. Im not preggo yet though. I have unexplained infertility. We are still trying.
    Prayforblessing

Answer by Prayforblessing at 8:52 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Thanks ladies! :)
    BlissAglow

Comment by BlissAglow (original poster) at 12:07 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• thats interesting ..
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:53 AM on Feb. 5, 2011