preschool?

what age did you put or are going to put your child in preschool? im not talking about the daycare kind either just regular preschool? thank you

Littleguysmommy

Asked by Littleguysmommy at 7:46 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My kids did not go to preschool, but I worked with them at home and we did the preschool story hour at the library and played at the park for social interaction. I taught preschool and we had 3 and 4 year olds (each age had their own classes). I would not start them younger than 3 and even then half a day a few times a week is plenty for most kids. I would not put them in for a full day until they are at least 4 and find out how much of their day is dedicated to nap time if they go for a full day - our all day 4 year olds had lunch, play time and then nap time for 1 1/2 hours. Parents paid twice as much for a full day and their children only got an extra half hour to 45 minutes of real classroom time.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:34 AM on Feb. 6, 2011

• My son started pre-k at 4. I would have liked to start him at 3 going a couple days a week for a few hours a day but I had a REALLY hard time finding anything like that in our price range that I was comfortable sending him to. I did put him in a daycamp at the YMCA during the summer when he was 3 and he loved that. But as far as school every day, not til he was 4.
    Braydens_Mama06

Answer by Braydens_Mama06 at 8:06 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• My daughter went when she was 3. She loved it! She is now in the 4yr old class and they are getting her prepared for kindergarten. I found that 3yr old class was more on socializing then learning. But this year they have been working on writing and reading.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 10:10 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• In our town the prek program starts at 3 and each child MUST be potty trained. You are given schedule choices and they can take the bus too
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:47 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• My son will be 3 next month and will be starting preschool in the fall. Its sad that we have to prepare kids so much for kindergarten, but they expect so much from our little ones now a days,
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 7:48 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Wow i guess im behind..lol...My son will be 3 in march and i havent even thought about preschool.
    Littleguysmommy

Comment by Littleguysmommy (original poster) at 7:49 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• thats my issue! they are sooo expensive its crazy!
    Littleguysmommy

Comment by Littleguysmommy (original poster) at 8:48 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• we dont have them here
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:23 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• A child must be 4 to start in regular ed preschool here. And sometimes I think that is too young!
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 6:07 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• My DD is 4, and attends.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 8:30 PM on Feb. 5, 2011