Moving and need ideas for decorating

my SO and I are buying a place together and i want to decorate it nicely. I am having the front room in americana and the kitchen in Fat chef. My yougest wants her room in like peace signs like in the 60's. my other daughter wants hers in Tigers. they are 8 and 13. i just dont know what i should do in our bedroom and the two bathrooms.... any ideas ladies?

Teresa2266

Asked by Teresa2266 at 8:05 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I am all about shabby chic/cottage decor.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 8:08 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I would do your bedroom in something relaxing and romantic without being too girly. You could use grays or greens (like a sage or olive) mixed with ivorys, and small pops of color. You can put candles in different places and some blown up black and white pictures of you and your SO on the walls.

As far as bathrooms go, they have some cute sets at Target. I would let your kids pick out what they wanted for one and then whatever you liked for the other.
    Braydens_Mama06

Answer by Braydens_Mama06 at 8:11 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I'm a big fan of the styles in the Pottery Barn, Crate and Barrel and CB2 catalogs.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:23 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I like to check out the pictures here: http://store.croscill-living.com/category/14/1/bedding.html for ideas! This bedroom trends report has some cool stuff too: http://croscill-living.com/get-inspired/tips-trends/bedding-design-trends
    amandag618

Answer by amandag618 at 1:37 PM on Feb. 10, 2011