Bored?!

I'm a stay at home mom and there are days when I am so bored! My house is clean, laundry is done, and the kids are happy. I play with the kids, make them their meals, read about 30 books a day, and yet I'm bored! I'm not big on going outside when the weather is bad, or too cold. We do have days where we all just stay in our jammies, watch movies and eat popcorn all day, but man, I'm beyond bored!

What do you sahm do to not go crazy?? Don't get me wrong. I love staying at home and being with my kids, but they are old enough to play by themselves, and sometimes prefer it. I think I need a hobby?

BabyBugsmama

Asked by BabyBugsmama at 8:07 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'm the same way. My kids prefer to play by themselves, so when I have done all I can do with them or the house I am just sitting there twiddling my thumbs. That's when I take out the camera, sit on the floor, and take photographs of my kids as they play. Sometimes I'll sing songs to get a certain reaction or just let them be themselves and get candid shots. Other days I'll knit. I got a "Idiot Proof" knitting tool for Christmas (One for hats and one for scarves) and I knit away on that until my heart is content. It's great to do while I'm watching TV or the kids are playing in the room watching their shows. It's very relaxing. Other times I browse the internet, but that gets boring really fast. Hobbies are important to have whether you're a SAH-Parent or a working parent. It allows you to have something that is just yours and plus it's entertaining.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:34 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• In the spring/summer time I garden. Mow the grass. Stuff like that. Winter,,organize,, clean closets out. Sort through the kids stuff. Paint a room .

Answer by louise2 at 8:10 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• You said it you need a hobby. I started doing crafts, sewing, crossword puzzles in the paper. Maybe scrapbooking, thats trendy now.
    luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 8:12 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I had the same problem when my kids got old enough to entertain themselves so I got a job that I do from home.
    c67collins

Answer by c67collins at 8:22 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• ~*Love being a SAHM*~

I love my DVR... I like going to the Mall functions every so often, they have a free kids club... and the other mall which is a drive for us has a free kids book reading/club... there are so many ways to even meet others! I was told about M.O.P.S. but seemed too much like paying for friends, just me! Meetup.com and local yahoo groups, as well as local groups through CM
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 10:13 PM on Feb. 4, 2011