Just a rant....

I'm kind of upset right now. I've been babysitting for my brother and SIL and they haven't come by to pick up my nephew. I still had errands I had to do but I came home early, because they were going to pick my nephew up at 3:00. It's 5:30 now. They haven't called, they do this ALL the time. They tell me they'll be here at so and so time and most of the time don't show up until almost 2 hrs later! Or they just won't come by for until almost 7pm because they go out and do they're shopping or go out to dinner. I wouldn't mind so much if they'd just let me know so my nephew could just come along with me and my DS where ever we go, but they never do. And if I call they just keep saying they're almost here. AHHHHH!!!!!

P.S. I didn't know where to put this so I just stuck it in relationships.

myree85

Asked by myree85 at 8:32 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Relationships

• Man! I've started writing something and deleted three times already! I just don't know what I'd do! Sorry :(
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 8:50 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• well, then I'd stop babysitting, you are being taken advantage of
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 8:33 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• If this is something that happens frequently, I wouldn't watch my time. If I had things to do, I'd finish them before heading home. If they have a problem with it, let them know you can't watch their son that day.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 8:42 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• That's when you say "Sorry, I can't babysit for you due to you being unreliable at showing up when you say you will." You can't put your life on hold for them and they're clearly thinking that you should.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 9:23 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• family or not have some respect
    proudmom611

Answer by proudmom611 at 9:35 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Hehe marine_wife! I'm so stuck on what to do. It's hard to say no to sitting for my nephew, I love that kid! I'm less upset...that must be them knocking at the door.
    myree85

Comment by myree85 (original poster) at 9:00 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• It comes down to respect and they are taking advantage of you. I have a step sister that has done this so often that family members won't babysit for her anymore. She has dropped her son off and left him for days. I bet if she were paying for the childcare she would be a bit more courteous......but she is too selfish to be courteous.....maybe she is related to your brother and sister in law.....lol!
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 10:07 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• You can't let them treat you that way or things won't change. If they don't show up at the time they say than stop babysitting for awhile, you could also tell them when they ask you to watch your nephew that you have things to do and will be bringing your nephew along with you and tell them about what time you should be done and when they can come pick him up.
    momof2inCT2007

Answer by momof2inCT2007 at 11:00 PM on Feb. 4, 2011