potty training..

my son is 26months old and he has been taking off his diaper even when he pees a little bit. every time he does it i sit him on his potty.
what are some good potty training techniques? i am not a single mom but my hubby is on the road alot. so its up to me right now. thanks

P.S. What age did you potty train? i also have a 17 month old girl. should i potty train her at the same time too?

babymama8787

Asked by babymama8787 at 8:37 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i gave my lil one stickers,,she would put them on the back of the lid to the toiliet..also try using a bell of any type that he can ring befor he sits on the potty
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 9:56 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• i put underwear on my daughter we started training at 2 and she was trained in 1 month time :) Everytime she would pee or poop in the underwear i would tell her u need to go on the toilet and she learned.
    mommaofemma

Answer by mommaofemma at 10:49 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• with my son I started putting him on his potty chair, if he sat there for a few minutes I would reward him sucker, sticker, animal cracker etc., after he was used to sitting on it if he went pee then he got a reward (no more rewards just for sitting), now he gets a reward if he poops. constant reminders of go potty and praise when he does, you may as well try with your daughter too, if you do start and they are getting the concept my only advice is no diapers it does confuse them, and save the pull ups for night time.GL
    wyattgrace

Answer by wyattgrace at 7:53 AM on Feb. 7, 2011