If this isn't a massive betrayal of one of our allies

what is? The US agreed to tell Russia, Britain's nuke secrets as part of the Obama's arms control deal.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/wikileaks/8304654/WikiLeaks-cables-US-agrees-to-tell-Russia-Britains-nuclear-secrets.html#

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 8:41 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• WTH??? Umm NOT cool! Jesus, this idiot is going to turn our allies against us while kissing the rears of people who NEVER WILL BE!! It makes me a little ill....
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:55 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• It certainly isn't a good thing, for sure momof
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 9:00 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• They'll never trust us again.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:14 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• It's hard to believe what 2 years of this admin. has done to our country on every level. We are failing in every way, I wonder what our children will be faced with in the future as a result of this, imo, travesty?

Lovin, you are so right! No one will ever trust us, why should they?
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 10:02 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• This was not something the Obama regime wanted out because it shows how little he understands foreign affairs and how ill-equipped he is to be President. To use nuclear secrets of an ally to sway the Russians in to signing a treaty just makes him look like a buffoon. The leaders of Russia and China are rubbing their hands with glee at the thought of dealing with this fool for the next two years.
    annabarred

Answer by annabarred at 10:10 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I'm sorry, I don't think its a great big deal. Britain needs us as their ally...I dare say they may have even discussed this,,,

While the US and Russia have long permitted inspections of each other’s nuclear weapons, Britain has sought to maintain some secrecy to compensate for the relatively small size of its arsenal.

William Hague, the Foreign Secretary, last year disclosed that “up to 160” warheads are operational at any one time, but did not confirm the number of missiles.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:11 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Holy cow, he is a freaking moron! I guess it doesn't really surprise me..look how he has handled our relationship with Great Britain so far.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:22 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I do not think that statement isn't quite right....Britian is a sovereign nation. They are part of the "NATO" like the U.S. is. They also wouldn't share any nuclear info with the U.S. so we can share that with Russia! In a way, that almost would be considered political suicide for
    Obama. From what I have heard or read, Obama and the other past Presidents has wanted a "relationship" for lack of a better term with Russia and the possiblity of other countries so we all can start ramping down of nuclear weapons and the politicians calls this program S.T.A.R.T.~~~Strategic Arms Limitations.

Sovereign defination~~ (nation or state) Fully independent and determining it own affairs ~~~~ (of affairs) subject to a specified state's control without outside interference
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 10:40 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Since the wikileaks has been in the news lately, wouldn't be the best time to have a misdirection of info to get the peolpe all up in arms and get all pissed off at the politicians? Kinda like ya'll are now?
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 10:55 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• It seems very odd . if it is true, there will be a first-class political row in the UK as the coalition government there is none too secure or popular.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 11:34 PM on Feb. 4, 2011