Turducken anyone?

Okay, it was mention somewhere else on this site, but I was curious how many people have had TurDuckEn? (A turkey, stuffed with a duck, stuffed with a chicken?) I have heard that it's a Southern tradition, but I have never actually met anyone that has had it. I am wondering how it tastes? How do you carve it? How many people does it feed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:01 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Food & Drink

• It's not meat stuffing...it's a whole boneless chicken inside a whole boneless duck, inside a whole boneless turkey, with stuffing in between usually. I hate duck, but it looks interesting when sliced.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 3:49 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Oh my gawd...I've wanted to try that so bad :( I hope I get to one day ^.^
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:05 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Ok - I live in Monroeville, Alabama (very small) and one Christmas they were heavily advertised around here. I have never had it but saw a picture of it - just looked like a turkey to me. The place where I work now had one then and they said it was ok. I think it feeds a lot of people. I know I have not seen it advertised again so I guess it was not a hit.
    SuperBamaMom

Answer by SuperBamaMom at 1:08 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• It sounds gross. Too much meat stuffing. Bleh!
    Anonymous

• That sounds gross to me too
    mommyof2boys813

Answer by mommyof2boys813 at 2:13 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• How do they carve it? My DH told me that they actually use duck meat and chicken meat and stuff the turkey with it. I could have sworn that I saw Paula Dean stuffing the turkey with the other birds, but maybe I am wrong. I think I am going to research it. I have never had duck, I would think it would be a little gamey.
    Anonymous

• We just watched a traveling cooking show ..his quick stop cook was making that...it looked yummy!
    Never seen anything like that before....didn't look to hard to make either ...not to sure what spices were used tho' ...sorry I have to say I never tried it.
    Joyo4

Answer by Joyo4 at 6:38 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Okay, I watched a YouTube video on how to make this. It looks complicated. You use deboned birds (all of them) and there is stuffing between the layers. Then it has to be tied back up, so in effect it's pretty much a poultry loaf. Interesting. I would try it if I knew someone serving it, but I don't think I would make it for my small family.
    Anonymous

• i saw it on food network last night. i'll stick with my turkey (deep fried is best)!
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 1:41 AM on Nov. 17, 2008

• I just got an email today and it was talking about turducken. Here is the website - it even shows a pic. Looks like a turkey but they say it has 6 legs?!?

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Holiday---Celebration-Recipes/Thanksgiving-Recipes/Turducken-Deep-frying-and-Grilling-Oh-My?pmcode=IIKKA11T&email=plbjtb@yahoo.com&indID=10762800001581030&_mid=1924&_rid=1924.2404.94499
    SuperBamaMom

Answer by SuperBamaMom at 8:10 AM on Nov. 19, 2008