Has any book made a great impact on your life?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 8:43 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I write my own books honestly but I can't really say one that has made an impact that i have read rather than an actual author like Steven King whom I appreciate for his amazing imagination
    JuJubean1979

Answer by JuJubean1979 at 8:45 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• The Bible , A Child Called It (made me cry like a baby), and Chicken Soup For the Soul
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 8:49 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• There are so many... Villette by Charlotte Bronte
    The Centaur by John Updike
    Any book by Albert Camus
    Julian by Gore Vidal
    Just to name a few...
    foreversweetpea

Answer by foreversweetpea at 8:45 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Although I am not very religious, the book Mister God, this is anna" had a profound impact on me from the time I was about 4 years old and my mother read it to me. It is a book about a little girl whose insight into religion, and faith, are incredible. It is apparently a true story, and very worth the read. I've read it a dozen times since then, and It's been 20 years. I never fail to learn something new from it.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 8:46 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Not specific books as much as specific authors....and then I had to be ready to hear and receive the message in the book.....Dean Koontz 's later books has some religious imagery that has given me much to ponder....Richard Rohr is a Catholic priest who has made an impact on how I look at things, so has Andrew Greeley, another Catholic priest who writes novels...Susun Weed has taught me a lot about herbs and how to look at plants, the earth, and life in general...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 8:49 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• The Bible. i read the child called it and it is so sad. it makes you want to search every corner of the earth and rescue children from nutty parents. oh don't get me started. i read the whole series. i haven't read the one his brother wrote.
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 8:58 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Prayer of Jabez
    Secrets of the Vine
    A Life God Rewards
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 9:59 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• The Bible
    free1

Answer by free1 at 11:05 PM on Feb. 4, 2011