when did u get ur first period after having ur baby?

my dd will be 4 weeks tomorrow. i bled few a few weeks after having her then it turned into spotting,then barely anything at all(not even enough for a pantyliner,just a lil blood when i would wipe) then two days ago i started to bleed a lil bit more. and now its about the amount of my period on a lite day. could this really be my period so soon?! i mean it hasnt even been a month! when did u get ur first period while bf'ing?

oh and i dont know if it would effect anything but i got the depo shot 9 days ago.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 PM on Nov. 16, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had my period in sept and had my daughter in june havent had one since tho
    dewey_scoles

Answer by dewey_scoles at 1:11 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• Sometimes post partum bleeding comes and goes, also the depo could be affecting it. It could be your period. I didnt get mine back for 10months but I was breastfeeding.
    Crystal42683

Answer by Crystal42683 at 1:27 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I bleed for eight months after having my daughter and i got that shot when she was 2 months old and have finally started my actual period!
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 2:53 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I got it 9 weeks after but I had just taken out the NuvaRing for the first time so that's why I got it then. I didn't put a new one in so I skippped a period and just got my second one a few days ago and its now been 15 weeks since i had my baby.
    Anonymous

• i bled off ans on for 6 weeks, then it stopped for a few weeks. After that I started having them as usual (thank God)
    powellspianist

Answer by powellspianist at 4:17 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I had my daughter in February 2006, and had to get on Birth Control to start my periods back up. Had my first postpartum period in August 2007.
    RainShadow

Answer by RainShadow at 4:36 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• i just got my period about two weeks ago and my daughter is five and a half months old. i'm breastfeeding so i know that effects it. i was weird to have it after not having it for over a year!
    rachelsmommy78

Answer by rachelsmommy78 at 4:58 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I had the post-partum bleeding on and off for nearly 8 weeks after delivering my son, but I have not had a period yet...my son will be 8 months old on Friday. He also stills BFs at least 8 times a day.
    Fourbymom

Answer by Fourbymom at 5:11 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I exclusively breastfeed on demand and get mine back at 5 weeks PP..
    I see a DEFINITE difference between period blood and PP blood, though..

It's not uncommon to bleed for up to 6 weeks, though.. Usually extra spotting is due to stress and working too hard..

But to answer your question, yes it COULD be your period.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 5:12 PM on Nov. 16, 2008

• I breast feed my youngest...didn't have a period until after I trained him to a sipper cup from breast at 18 months old. Was nice no period~
    Joyo4

Answer by Joyo4 at 6:33 PM on Nov. 16, 2008