Do you think astrology is a hoax?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 8:46 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Religious Debate

• YES it is I had a friend working in a magazine and when she was late or missed a deadline the punishment was to write the horoscopes and the same for anyone who did the same, and she says that is a common practice in magazines and news papers and she laughs when she gets a comment saying oh my madame whatever is so accurate! She told me sometimes I Just pull stuff out of my a$$.
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 8:54 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• No, I don't think it's a hoax, but I think there is more "basic science" to it than there is anything mystical about it... The human brain is affected by many things, and since we see how things like the movement of the moon affects the earth, why is it so unlikely that celestial placement would affect the newborn brain?

As for the horoscopes in the paper? Yes, those are junk, but they aren't what astrology is really about.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:18 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I don't follow it religiously, but I think there is something to it.

wonder how many people realize that the 3 'wise men' referred to in the Nativity story were astrologers.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 1:01 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• It has never worked well for me. Planets and stars are just bits of rock and gas. Even their gravitational fields are too distant to have an effect on us. Of course, for those who believe in things like bible codes and such, perhaps the purpose of the positions of these bits of rock and gas are intended as a divine message to us. But they haven't proven that yet.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:42 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• If I were to say yes to this then I would have to say yes to everything else. There is no proof it isn't and there is no proof that it is.
    JuJubean1979

Answer by JuJubean1979 at 8:49 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Hmm.... well, I don't take it seriously, I mean I think its interesting and all but not anything I put a lot of trust behind-but if someone else does that its not a big deal to me-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:13 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• nope...
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:33 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• no
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 12:58 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• i dont think its a hoax i very much belive in it but i would have to say the future is never surtant if you dont like what it holds for you changes it
    blinkys11

Answer by blinkys11 at 1:08 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I think it could depend on the individual. For example my horoscope my not be accurate for me, so of course I could think "yeah, right" but a horoscope could be right on for someone else, so then they would believe in it because it worked for them.
    virgo550

Answer by virgo550 at 6:25 AM on Feb. 5, 2011