Can you tell the difference....

When someone shows you "christian love" vs. just loving and caring for you as a person, without a God?

sahmamax2

Asked by sahmamax2 at 9:01 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I would say no, since I don't make it a habit of asking people if they're Christian or not.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:12 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Kindness is kindness and if someone wants to attach Christian to it- thats fine with me-
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 9:12 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• No... Love is love, unless their "love" comes with preaching, there is no way to tell.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:19 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• to be honest, I've never heard a christian person call it "christian love" lol
    Anonymous

• Like SabrinaMBowen said, Love is love.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 10:48 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Yes I can...
    Agape Love is much different than philos Love.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:30 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• no i cant. love is love is love
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 1:06 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Agape Love is much different than philos Love.

----

No, I can't tell the difference. Love and compassion is the same whatever someone's inspiration for it.

People who don't believe God are quite capable of showing agape love. My love and compassion for all living things has nothing to do with my feelings for all individual people. Seeking to help others and do what's best for all people can also come from our own morals. It is also taught in non-theistic religions, such as Buddhism, which teaches a universal, impersonal compassion for all and that actions should be for the good of all. Agape love is often seen as 'God's love' by *some*, but it's really just any kind of selfless, UNconditional love and compassion. Agape love is words and actions not based on our personal feelings for another, but done for the benefit of all. It is selfless love.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 8:56 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Love is love no matter where it comes from, so no I couldn't tell the difference.

Answer by older at 9:41 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• nope
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 10:57 AM on Feb. 5, 2011