Having trouble getting one son to do homework? Have done all I can think of please help me!!!!

butterflymom269

Asked by butterflymom269 at 9:18 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in General Parenting

• How old is he? What kind of homework? What have you done? When is it due?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:20 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Need more info..how old is he? Does he have any learning challenges..like ADHD? What kind of homework does he struggle with the most?
    hoping73

Answer by hoping73 at 9:21 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• He is 8 years old. Math, and spelling. I have done everything to try to get him to do it gifts, treats, computer time. I have also taken things away from him like his DS, computer time, television. I don't know what else to do.
    butterflymom269

Comment by butterflymom269 (original poster) at 9:30 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Is he having difficulty with these particular subjects? It sounds like you have tried everything. Maybe taking one subject at a time, and then allowing a break may help. So he may not have to feel so frustrated or overwhelmed. Keep encouraging and praising your son when he does finish his homework. Just let him know you are there if he needs your help. Set a goal with your son if you do a weeks worth of homework then let him pick some special the two of you can do. (like go to the movies). Hopefully some of this may help. The only other advice I can think of is to talk to the teacher. I hope things get better.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 10:47 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• We use rewards. If he doesn't do it no TV no fun no nothing . Just room, no toys no games nothing. HOmeowork or no fun. Worked for my son.
    Baby4us09

Answer by Baby4us09 at 10:49 PM on Feb. 6, 2011