Need carseat recommendations please for my 3yr old!!

My 3yr old is about to out grow her current seat, and I am looking for a new one. She is FF, about 28lbs, and 36inches. I *think* I want something that will last her the rest of her carseat/booster years, but will reconcider for the right seat. What would you recommend? Price isn't really an issue (cheaper is always nice though). Thank you! :)

Stacie03

Asked by Stacie03 at 9:18 PM on Feb. 4, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Cosco brand has one that will convert into a booster they are easy to set up and easy to convert and around 35 /45 dls.
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 9:23 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I opted for the Graco Nautulis 3-in-1. At 3, I didn't feel that my DD was ready for a booster with seatbelt but she was already past the 40lb mark of the 5 pt restraint on her seat. The Nautulis will go up to 65 lbs in the 5 pt and up to 100 as a high back or seat booster.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:33 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• Oops! forgot about the pricing. I got it at Walmart online. It was $129 but if I were to get it at the store, it would have cost $189. I had it shipped to the store for the on-line price.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:34 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• I second the Graco Nautilus. It will be her last seat. 5 point harness, high back and low back booster. We have 2 little ones in it and love them. You can usually find them around $155 not to bad. And as the person mentioned the 5 point harness weight limit is higher. Safer is better and it is not really that expensive of a car seat which makes it great!!
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 11:05 PM on Feb. 4, 2011

• yes the graco one
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:23 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• I wouldn't the the Graco Nautilus if you aren't planning on buying another seat... yet it converts to a booster, but it doesn't make a very good booster for a lot of children. A better bet would be the Evenflo Maestro... it will harness to 50 lbs and as your 3 year old is tiny it will last her until she is booster age at age 5-6. And then it makes a very good booster. And better yet, it only costs $80! Wonderful seat for a good price!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:56 AM on Feb. 5, 2011

• Booster seats are pretty cheap, so go ahead and get one. My twins were 3 years old when I got them theirs. She should grow quite a bit between 3 and 4 years old, so don't worry about that. She's deffinatley out of the toddler car seat stage, but it won't hurt to wait just a little bit longer if you can.
    tornadotwinsx2

Answer by tornadotwinsx2 at 11:50 PM on Feb. 5, 2011

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 6:32 AM on Feb. 6, 2011